Thread: Ford 300 Swap

Default Ford 300 Swap

Finally found what I think is the right motor for my M715, 1977 Ford 300 with a NP435 from a F250 with a divorced transfer case.

I've got the 230 and T98 out of the truck and started measuring, I think everything is going to fall together nicely without a ton of fab work, not that fab work is a concern.

The one spot where I'm feeling uncertain is clutch linkage. I don't mind mechanical clutch linkage but I do have an 80s Ford bellhousing for a hydraulic clutch.

I'm looking for suggestions/posts about clutch linkage with swapping other 6 cylinder motors, not the common chevy v8 swap, and suggestions for master cylinder setups if I go hydro.

Thanks

LuckyPabst had a 300 with FI in his M715. I would search his posts, but any pictures would probably be long gone by now.
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

I have a Dodge NP435 with a hydraulic clutch. I used the LUK LMC513 from RockAuto on mine. If I recall correctly it was mostly a bolt in. I think I had to open the firewall hole a little bit.

I've got everything in place now for the most part, except the motor mounts. Trans mount was stupid simple to adapt, motor mounts are super close to the factory ones, which is making things a bigger PITA than necessary.

I need a certain bracket for the Ford hydraulic stuff, which didn't come with the bellhousing, and is NLA from Ford. Looks like a pain to make so I'll see about making the mech stuff work once I have the motor mounts finished.