Thread: Dana60 14bolt H1 hummer rims

Default Dana60 14bolt H1 hummer rims

Anyone who is running a dana 60 front and a 14 bolt chevy rear running H1 hummer rims??? They are all over for sale and maintain the military look. I'd love to run them but dont know if they will rub??

They have crazy back spacing so I don't thing that you could even mount them. I've heard of guys re-centering them but haven't seen a pic. Be nice if they would fit. Run flats and a good tire for cheap!
    Thought you were selling yours . If you keep tinkering with it you will screw around and finish the project and have to kep it for a while. lol

If you get the duallie version axles, the H1 rims work well. They basically offset the added width the duallie axles give you.

Here is a picture of my Cherokee with a DRW dana 60 front and the H1 rims (hadn't swapped the rear axle in yet).
    The hub stays protected even with the shallow depth of the rim.

I had a set of wheel centers made up to recenter wither a hemtt wheel or Hummv wheel to the m-715 pattern. Pretty cheap if you can weld. I never used them. They are in the classifieds for sale.
    COWBELL, you need more of it

Nope not selling it any more--thank god no one bought it. I have no idea what I was thinking. I'm so close to being done. Picked up a new steering box and a different 14 bolt for the rear. Had a local shop lengthen the rear shaft and got that in. Did more wiring. I have to do the conversion on the tailights from that write up that DP Kaiser715 did. But nope decided there is no way I can sell it.

Well Ive got the SRW versions of the D60 and 14bolt so I'm thinking--judging by your photo---that they would hit without a recenter. I think BTF and some others sell those but of course gotta add that to cost factor. I've got some old wagon wheels on it now--want something that has that military look. I've flopped a couple set of alums on there but they dont look right to me. Thing thats looked the best so far was just plain old chevy one ton steel rims painted black

Lot of people are willing to trade their DRW dana 60 hubs for your SRW ones.
    But that still leaves the rear axle.
    I actually have SRW 14b hubs on my DRW dana 70HD rear axle for the widest possible combination that I could find. I need that to help clear the inner fender wells on the rear with the H1 rims and the big and WIDE tires. 77.5" WMS to WMS with that setup on the rear!
    Personally, well worth it for me. But that doesn't sound like it would be the case for you. You can't do a simple hub swap for the rear axle to make it wider. Front is easy though.

Yeah these are in and good to go--hate to step "backwards" again. When I had the stock axles in I was driving around lol. Looks like I'll scrap the H1 rim idea. If I recenter them I'm going to loose that stock Hummer looking rim anyway. So the search continues--thanks

What about some budd looking rims? They put them on a ton of delivery type vehicles.
    I am using just a set of wagon wheels painted black - looks OK.