Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M715 Door Window Inner Seal

Default M715 Door Window Inner Seal

Hello!

On the M715, the door window seals, the inner ones- what are the 715 guys using? Are they obtainable somewhere, or can a close generic seal be found somewhere? They appear to be the same or close to many 1960's and 70's cars and trucks.

Thanks,
    Paul

Default Seals

ive gone through steel rubber for some heres a link your gonna haft to look since they don't carry vehicle specific. Best way to find what you need is to contact them i believe some one else in the zone sent in a peice of his old one and the remade it.

https://www.steelerubber.com/channel...rip-30-0507-57

Good luck

Default M715 door window inner seal

No, the seal I'm looking for is the horizontal seal, that is against the side windows inside surface. It has a small bead made of chromed metal, with a fuzzy black velvet like lining that rubs the window glass, keeping dirt, dust, and debris out of the door. As I mentioned in my post, the virtual same stripping is widely used with 50's, 60's, and 70's cars and trucks. Seems like it should be available and "cut to length".
    Paul

They are called window inner belt weather strips, try Restoration Specialties. I bet that they can match them up pretty close.

They relined the vertical glass run channels with new fuzzy stuff for the inside of my doors.
    Last edited by jeepdan; August 25th, 2020 at 09:15 PM.

I think you could use the ones from the J-trucks, as the doors are made from the same stampings. You may need to trim them to fit the length on the M715. These guys list them fairly reasonably; https://www.bjsoffroad.com/Doors-and-Windows_c_217.html
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

I purchased the outer wipe from Saturn Surplus and the inner from BJ's although I think BJ's has both.

Adding my experience to this post.

I needed the outer/inner sliding window wipes (#2 outer and #5 inner in this picture).

Since I was ordering stuff from BJ's Offroad, I decided to see if the FSJ wipes will work. I order both the inner and outer.
    https://www.bjsoffroad.com/Outer-Fro...pe_p_1540.html

They do not.

So I ordered the part from Memphis Equipment:
    https://memphisequipment.com/M715-1-...715-p3473.html

The outer FSJ seal is shorter in length along the door than the M715, and has a completely different seal shape. Here they are side-by-side. The FSJ is on the left, the part from Memphis is on the right:

My original was pretty beat up but it matches the Memphis part. Also, the Memphis parts are new manufacture, not NOS. Mine had a date stamp from 2020:

The inner seal is also different between the FSJ and M715. The M715 is a flocked (fuzzy stuff) seal, and the FSJ has a rubber wipe.

Other notes -
    I made a simple tool to remove the clips. It is just a piece of aluminum bent in a "U" shape so that it reaches underneath the door material and pushes up against the locking mechanism of the wipe clips.

It fits into the window slot and you pull it up to pop the clips out.

The Memphis parts don't come with the clips installed. They are self-piercing but I had better luck "pre-piercing" the holes with a sharpened junk screwdriver. I used the original part to get the clip locations.

Here are my finished parts with a coat of paint to cover up the exposed chrome strip that is on the Memphis parts.

Great post. Good information.

Interesting, I used the out which I purchased from Saturn Surplus, perfect fit, and inner from BJ off road, just had to trim to length on the back end slightly, perfect clip alignment. I did this just two months ago.

This stuff should go in a sticky post! Finally a clear answer if the FSJ ones work with our military jeeps.

I'm still trying to get the inner ones via the Facebook group, a guy over there posted a huge pile of parts and I hope he has some parts I need. You can also use universal ones, where you have to install the clips yourself ofcourse.