Thread: Brake flex hoses

Question Brake flex hoses

I am getting the brakes working this week but i am going to need rubber hoses front and rear. Are these going to be surplus only or is there a conversion for this too. I have already done the E350 wheel cylinders and #60 shoes.
    US ARMY

Besides NOs lines that are 40 plus years old and of dubious condition now, the only thing I know that is out there is VPW had the front lines...maybe the rear too...reproduced...new production. The quality is good but they differ a bit from stock. NO mods are needed to mount them, they will go on any stock truck with stock wheel cylinder OR the Ford E350 wheel cylinders...no sweat...the metal lines toward the ends are a little diferent but they will work like stock.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

has anyone carried one into a NAPA and checked for a comparable one? I don't have any apart at this time, or I would.

There's got to be aftermarket available that would work.
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715

I put new flex hoses front and rear on mine. I took the old hoses to Royal Brass and Hose and they simply made new hoses to match (length and fittings). I did opt to go with overmolded braided hose since I wasn't too concerned about keeping the hoses stock. If I remember correctly, the cost for the three hoses was less than $60 2 years ago and they made them while I waited. They are a chain, so you can look them up online and see if one is near you, or find another local supplier of hydraulic lines. I am pretty sure all those places will have a variety of fittings in stock and the make to order.

Quote Originally Posted by compexp View Post
    has anyone carried one into a NAPA and checked for a comparable one? I don't have any apart at this time, or I would.

There's got to be aftermarket available that would work.
    Last year when I was doing my brakes I looked thru the NAPA catalogs and could not find any thing close for the fronts. I did find one for the rear but it didn't have the outside spring guard. NAPA UP5784
    Live like you will die tomorrow. Dream like you will live forever!!!

After reading the last two replies, I'm curious if the spring guard could be installed on a new hose before the fittings were swaged on. Could it be removed from the old hose by cutting the end off? I don't recall exactly how it is attached to the hose.

Quote Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
    Last year when I was doing my brakes I looked thru the NAPA catalogs and could not find any thing close for the fronts. I did find one for the rear but it didn't have the outside spring guard. NAPA UP5784
    Are you sure on the part number? I tried and there was no listing. Maybe I should be less lazy and look it up.
    US ARMY

Put a space between the UP and the number.

http://www.napaonline.com/NOLPPSE/(S...Dn=0&Dk=1&Dp=3
    Live like you will die tomorrow. Dream like you will live forever!!!

Thank you that is much better.
    US ARMY