Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selectro Hub Performance Question

Question Selectro Hub Performance Question

I'm on the fence about buying Selectro hubs right now, and I've been wondering how much effect they have on drivability. I live at about 5000', and I can't help thinking that 230 is going to need all the help it can get to move that hunk of steel down the road.

Is there a significant difference in perceived engine power between "lock" and "free"?

I don't know about engine power but they sure turn and roll onto a trailer easier with selectro hubs versus the stock flanges.

Get the hubs. they make life easier.

I,ve broke the inner gear in both of mine but I have a power lock in the front

see my response in the selectro hub thread. the hubs make the truck go down the road much easier. not turning the whole front axle and diff and drive shaft is a huge advantage. but i did break mine so i have reservations about the selectro hubs as they are.

Only 2 choices in hubs. Selectro or Warn. The Warn hubs are the strongest But the Warn hubs aren't made any more and are basically unobtainium. Selectros go for $250 while the Warn hubs when you find them can be $500-$1000.

Quote Originally Posted by kwai View Post
    Only 2 choices in hubs. Selectro or Warn. The Warn hubs are the strongest But the Warn hubs aren't made any more and are basically unobtainium. Selectros go for $250 while the Warn hubs when you find them can be $500-$1000.
    Maybe this guy can be approached...

http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/5709703734.html

Found these too...

http://worcester.craigslist.org/pts/5672212909.html

I've got a Spyntec lockout conversion on my '08 Power Wagon, and the difference in handling and acceleration was quite perceptible. I am definitely on the lockout bandwagon.

I'll move that purchase up the priority list based on everyone's input. Those Warn hubs sound great, but I've spent enough time sourcing other hard-to-find parts, not to mention the price: , and I'll buy new because I don't know how those ones were treated while in use (thanks for the info, Mikel).

Thanks for help everyone!

Both sets of hubs Mikel posted are Selectro's or a similar clone.

I have a brand new set in a box with wheel bearing R&R stuff....And another used set...Hadn't made an effort to sell, but pretty sure I will not be using them....
    Is that real money?