Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserjeeps View Post
Well shucks.. An hour here, an hour there is not cutting it. I can say this summer has not gone to plan. I am on a generator and have been for 4 days. We had a what I would call a mild wind storm. Only 50 MPH winds. It downed a tree on a line up the road 500 feet and started a darn fire. With a tinder super dry forest we almost had a very bad situation. Myself and a neighbor got it put out fortunately. So I will post a picture or two of truck progress when power comes back on. It is to much work and I still need a nap. I ended up finding some really old wheels and tires to put on the truck chassis so I could do all the needed work and not worry about messing up my new stuff. Bought cheap it worked out great. So I carefully cut the 230 I-6 frame horns off the frame. I had two sets of Buick motor frame horns and got the best pair bolted on. I lowered the motor with new motor mounts in place to find that the motor won't seat down all the way to allow me to put the bolts in. So somehow the frame rails have gotten narrower and I have not been able to investigate yet. I have two J trucks here to compare frame width's, but I had to go do other things. I hope to solve that mystery and get the frame pressure washed very soon while it is still almost warm out. We are dipping below freezing at night with close to 85-90 during the day. All the gear boxes and crossmembers I got from Glenn are standing by. I hope to also fit everything and then remove it all for paint. Snow is going to fly soon. Our garden shut off and died almost a month early. Pictures of the truck stuff coming soon.

Yeah weather here is horrible too .... 92-95 during the day and upper 70s at night. Just horrible!!! pool was 82 yesterday ... almost too cold to float around on my floaty and drink a beer. Sun is so bright it's faded my new beach umbrella! Climate change I tell ya!!!