Thread: Show me your winches!

Default Show me your winches!

I have a warn 8274 that I plan to mount on the M715. I don't really want to modify my original bumper but I might if I see a design I like. I'd like to see what others have done with aftermarket winch setup. Thanks, Bill

Hey Wrecker,
    It's been a while since I've posted any pics but I'm trying to get a couple up of my winch/bumper set up.
    Andy

I,am thinking about selling my stock winch setup and going with the hydraulic mile marker 15 k winch. I hate the stock winch sticking out so far............

Quote Originally Posted by md1970 View Post
    I,am thinking about selling my stock winch setup and going with the hydraulic mile marker 15 k winch. I hate the stock winch sticking out so far............
    Oh gosh, I guess that's what makes the world go round. The stock winch just delights me. I only wish I could get enough done to get backto rebuilding it. All in due time.

don, its all about the journey. all you can do when its done is drive it.

lol, Are they ever really done?
    Wrecker, if you send me an email address I will send you some pictures.
    Andy

You have mail and your welcome!
    Andy

Here is the one I made for an 8274. It was a lot of work but I like how it turned out. You can check my build thread to see how I fabricated it. Hope this helps.

Love your truck Troop, one of my faves.

I've got some 7" channel and a 12000lb winch laying around and have been checking this thread to see if any ideas pop up.
    Troop's bumper is fantastic but way above my patience/skill set.

I asked the Google to show me "M715 channel iron winch bumper" and this was one of the hits:
    Show me your winch (BUILT) winch bumpers

I like the stock winch setups... but then I don't... can't make up my mind. It looks gloriously obnoxious and badass but I don't like something sticking out that far.
    But I know I don't want the winch mounted down low. Winching someone else out is one thing but if I'm stuck enough in an M715 with 2 lockers to need a winch... I don't want that winch to be down between the radiator and the axle and need a shovel or a snorkel to get to it.