Thread: landing mat/traction aids

Default CMS cummins 6bt powered m715 D/A's

you know you can buy govt issue landing mats for traction...... also called PSP, perforated steel planking, not too expenxive.... 30 dollars to get unstuck....here are some links

in oklahoma http://www.calumetindustries.com/lmats.html
    at whiteowl in NC http://www.whiteowl.com/miscellaneous.html

i plan on getting some when i go to uwharrie, unless someone sends me some........ (ill pay for it)

I used to use somthing like that when I helped move mobile homes.
    they do come in handy.

Those landing mat sections work great for getting unstuck or going across swampy or muddy areas. I would reccomend cutting off all those pesky little hooked edges so they are easier to drag through the brush. I was also thinking of cutting a few short enough to fit between front and rear tires to help get it started back on mats. Also thinking it would be nice to have enough so you could drive ahead onto them freeing up the ones in the rear and dragging the rear ones back in the front without ever going off the mats. That way you could traverse over a long stretch in areas where you could never drive without them.

Rollie

Default Tilt Front

Lee,
    When are you going to Uwharrie? You know they close in the winter right. Delk's in Asheboro on Hwy 64 used to have some and probably still do. I don't know how much they would be. I could check if you would like. Let me know if you want me to and let me know when you are up this way. Dave

june 5th 6th is the full size jeep invasion.

Have you got any body in the passenger seat for that trip? If you do I would still like to meet up with you.

I looked at the White Owl site and those mats look pretty good. The ones that Delks had I thinking were a little more weathered. I'm not sure but I'll try to get by there and take a look at them and see.

Dave

so far i have no passengers! i did add a bench seat for a total of three cab seats