Thread: rear fenders

Default rear fenders

Ok guys I got a little stupid and rolled charlie on his drivers side so know my rear fender/flare is toast any easy fixs or do I need to how one special made? Also tweaked the filler spout and jerry can carrier.the fender did not buckle until they tried winching me out of the crack I was in that thing was stout but still folded in/down

vintage m-715 ( V.P.W.) used to advertise having the rear flares.
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710

well....my school has some big sheat metal breaks and rollers, i can copy mine and make you one, just pay shipping and if you can make a templet of your front flaires so i can make some for my truck, and ill make you a rear, ive been wanting to make some, and my shop teacher is cool so i can use his benders and breaks

but if you can make a templit of the driver and passenger side front fender flairs pay for shipping, and ill make you a rear fender
    my signature is sweet huh?

I purchased two rear fenders from Vintage Power Wagons. They took a bit of time to drill out all of the welds, but they are in and look much better than what was there. They do require some trimming on the inside low corners, something like a 4"x4" square removed, and the drivers side has the two holes for the filler neck mount.

Keep in mind the ones from VPW do not match the originals. I bought one from VPW last year - a NOS one. By the edge, on a stock flare, there is a small depression on the top of the flare that goes all the way around the flare. On the VPW ones, there is no depression - the flare is completely flat on both sides. I noticed it immediately. I have decided to repair the existing flare and not use the NOS one since it will not match the other three...just a fyi