Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new fenders coming?

Default new fenders coming?

so I've got some news, maybe. I've been talking to Zach Heisey of Z&M Jeeps, who I've known for a good while, and who makes sweet reproduction bed floors for Jtrucks, and bedsides, and a bunch of other goodies for FSJ's. Good guy.

I have been prevailing upon him to see if he can get some fenders made. What I was thinking is a fender, with no turn signal holes, or that little chin at the leading edge, with a large-radius wheel opening, flanged. When you got one, you'd have to roll the flange, or pie it w/a cut off wheel to attach a flare to.

No flares for shipping ease, and LESS COST. It is pretty easy to get the flare made locally.

Cost would probably have to be about $200ea though, for brand new sheetmetal. ANyone interested???? I know I am.

anyway. Let me know what you think before I get into the R/D w/him if it comes to that.

Default Another good source

I just ordered some rockers today for my 715 and this guy was very helpful!

http://www.jeepanelsplus.com/

I would possibly be interested but I would need more details. I was going to be hacking up my fenders this spring so I could run big tires (46"-47") with minimal lift for a lower C.G. but if someone was making what I needed...

I guess for me, it would depend on how large the radius would be on the wheel opening and if the opening would be moved forward.

I was going to run the opening right up to the top of the fender and push the center of the opening as far forward as possible (I'm going to be moving my axle forward) so I could keep the truck relatively low but still allow for some up-travel. I was planning to have the flares rolled to the correct radius at a local steel yard.

I have a feeling that I am planning to cut more than most so these potential fenders may still not be enough for me.

Thanks for the info and let me know the details.

These would be stock replacements, with no flare, just ready for one.

I just ordered some rockers today for my 715 and this guy was very helpful!

http://www.jeepanelsplus.com/
    I second that very helpful, really nice guy. Got some CJ-2A stuff from him but nothing for the M-715. I talked to him a couple months ago and asked about reproducing fenders, or just the flares, but he said he couldn't do either.

Well, that still may be OK because I could still do the opening the way I had planned and then sell the originals to someone that wants to keep their truck original. I guess it would depend on if I could sell the factory fenders for at least as much as it would cost me to get the new ones...

If youre cutting them up, Wagoneer fenders are cheap and easy

I have heard that the Wagoneer fenders are an option but the fenders that I have seen had cut outs on the leading edge for turn signals. Was I maybe looking at a later model Wagoneer fender? If so, do you know what years should I be looking for?

Thanks!

Look for the early model fenders up to 74, I believe.

Thanks Porkchop!