Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paint colors

I've got one painted County Highway orange .
    DaveJ

Default color

DAVEJ, Highway Orange!! Yep, thinking thats gotta be the color of choice... LMAF!

I've been searching around and discussing this with the wife. I think We are going to use the Rapco #36173 Lusterless Grey. My son was a Navy Corpsman, Combat medic so he spent most of his time with the Marines. Anyway, Since he was Navy, I figure we can paint the truck to match his branch of service.

Since the post on paint color is a bit dated .Has any new information ,or pictures about the 715's operated by the Air Force come to light. I found a picture of a 715 flanked by two Airmen . The color of the truck looked to be a dark blue..I would like to paint my truck AF with Engineer markings but would like some history to back this decision up...

In all my years of searching through M715 pics I have never really seen any original pictures with anything other than green trucks. Now that doesn't mean that there are not some out there, what it means is that trucks in other colors were not the majority of trucks out there. I have several pics in my collection with Air Force trucks and all of them show green trucks. And I have a buddy that was in the Air Force in the mid to late 70's who drove one with the maintenance bed on back who said his was green. (One day he is finally going to dig out is pics for me to scan in). I honestly feel that the Strata Blue vehicles was more of a 50's thing for the Air Force as they were trying to separate themselves from the Army and the Army way of doing things. The important thing to remember is that unless you are going for a 100 point restoration, paint it what you like.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Thanks Dave,the main thing is to get the rust knocked back and something shiny covering the blue/green coat it has now..right now it stands out in a group of green trucks...ajh

Quote Originally Posted by 68bluegreen View Post
    Thanks Dave,the main thing is to get the rust knocked back and something shiny covering the blue/green coat it has now..right now it stands out in a group of green trucks...ajh
    She doesn't stand out too bad in the crowd.
    Dave

Just to throw a mix into the ring you can always go camo and do one of the MERDC 4 color camo patterns. I have a photo of a M151A2 with the AZNG with an M715 sitting next to it in desert pattern that I thought made the 715 look really good. Just some food for thought.
    Zone holster maker

Quote Originally Posted by k8icu View Post
    Just to throw a mix into the ring you can always go camo and do one of the MERDC 4 color camo patterns. I have a photo of a M151A2 with the AZNG with an M715 sitting next to it in desert pattern that I thought made the 715 look really good. Just some food for thought.
    MERDC camo is always a cool option and I have always wanted to paint one in it. Here are the color combinations if you haven't seen them before.
    Dave

Sam Wiener motors use to have a bunch of M715s that were painted in the third one down on the right color combo. I always wondered where those truck came from. Of course that was 35 years ago and they have long since rotted into the grown or been scrapped. sigh. The most common of course was the winter woodland which is the top right one and second was summer woodland which is top left.
    Zone holster maker

I remember a pic from Don that had a white M715. I think it was a support truck for the pershing missiles. And I think it was taken in Utah or thereabouts.