Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cummins 5.9 in M715

Here ya go. I have pulled this outta my truck, so if there are any other pictures of it that ya need let me know. Also, next time I'm in the garage, I'll see if there are any other tags on it.

Mine is a 24v heater. The link below is the most information that I could find on anything from Evans Products Co.
    http://www.periodpaper.com/index.php...bile-bus-train
    Its an old add, yeah, but kind of neat. Glad to know they figured out that pesky carbon monoxide problem.

I am long overdue with having to post some more pics. Sorry! With the weather getting colder and the days getting shorter, I have been working on this dang thing and the house to get ready for winter.

Thanks 5bolt!
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Hey guys,
    for me the conversion to the Cummings Diesel including transmission is o.k., as well as the transfer conversion. However, were is the parking brake?
    The chopping of an Ambulance I realy do not understand. May be, that is for I'm from Europe and Ambulance bodys are not awailable as scrap over here.
    We over here usually try to keep the vehicles in the original condition as far as possible due to our legal requirements. If you chop a vintage truck over here like this Ambulance it is according to our legal requirements a new vehicle, which has to fullfill all rerquirements of the actual year. And you as the person who built the truck look this is considered to be the manufacturer.
    To be vintage you have to run the truck an other 30 years, even the chassis is already 40+ years old.
    May be this helps to understand the situation on this side of the Atlantic river.
    Wolf
    This statement is NOT correct for GB! There other rules apply!

The parking brake is waiting to get added. Luckily, there are no hills around here. When I shut'r off I just leave it in gear.

I can't really say for sure why the ambulance body was chopped up. Near as I can figure, it happened at least two previous owners ago. I'm trying to find some history on this truck and am having some slow progress. I believe that the truck was mostly modified by a guy named Steve Wright? in or near Stevensville, michigan. Not 100% positive on the name though. If anyone had any info, I'd owe ya a cold one.

I would really hope that a perfectly good body wasn't chopped up. I'd like to think that it was in bad shape and someone saved what they could. Personally, I couldn't have brought myself to cut it up if there was any chance it was save-able. There are so few of these beasts that we need to save as many as possible. Man, I love driving this thing. On the plus side of the conversion, it does fit in my garage. I dunno, it kinda gives it character.

The auto laws over here are relatively lax. I didn't plate her as an antique. I'm not to concerned about being vintage. Heck, most people think its a hummer. Even when they are looking at the Jeep logo on the tail gate. Oh man that cracks me up.

She's still just as awnry as the day she rolled off the assembly line. I got truck plates and plan on driving her as much as possible. If it breaks, I'll fix it and upgrade it. If it rusts, I'll fix it. I want a truck, not an appliance.

I'm in the slow process of uploading more pics. I'll post them soon.

Pulled the dash and cleaned things up a bit.

before

after

some in between photos

Pulled the old heaters out.

New heater from summit racing. 300cfm at 40,000 btu's.

I really didn't want to use anything made in China, so I had to fix it a bit.

This sure mounted up nicely behind the dash. Three speed heater switch on the dash. I'll get more pics of this when I can.

I always forget to take more pictures. While I'm working on the truck I zone out having fun.