Thread: M715 years made question

Default M715 years made question

There is a guy selling his M715 on Facebook. He says it is a 1970. From what i know they were only made in 67, 68, 69. I told him that. He said he has owned many of these and that the Data plate says 1970 and the registration. How is this possible?

The M715 Zone VIN Registry at the top of the page, shows two entries manufactured in 1970.
    Someone with more knowledge than I will chime in, I'm sure.

Could be one of the M715E1 prototypes that was used to go against the truck Chevy was trying to produce. There have been a couple that have popped up here and there. One of the key ways to tell is the larger side windows. On the prototypes Jeep raised the side windows because everyone bumps their head getting into the standard one. They also came stock with the larger composite lights and I think the fuel filler was different.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

There were a few trucks that were sold to the public from a dealer in L.A. that we know of...these were from the end of production of the standard M715's and we have been told went to the civilian market as production over run...there were 8 at that dealer...dont know what they are dated but its a possible.

The M715E1, of which they made about 40 we have been told, was built to try to meet new uprated specs for a new contract after the initial M715 run. The differences are detailed here:

New to this Forum and M715 Ownership

Without accurate records of the whole production run from Jeep we will never know exactly when they did what...unless somehow new documents come to light after all these years...all the documentation we have on the military contract built M715's, they were all built 1967 to 1969...over run of production is unknown date...could be 69 or 70...or both even...and the M715E1's are 1970.
    Past that, without some documentation, thats all we can say for sure.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!