Thread: Small Block Chevy Swap

Default Small Block Chevy Swap

I have acquired a 67 M715 and it has a Chevy 350 already in it. The motor mounts are welded to the stock frame horns. It looks like the engine is leaning back. I notice that there is not too much clearance from the oil pan to the front differentials. Is this corrct for this conversion? I want to do a restoration and I want to make the corrections necessary to make correct. Please advise.

Engines normally lean back a little in any vehicle. I believe the plane where the carberatur bolts on should be close to level.

Restoration or resto-mod? If you are thinking about a full on restoration you might be dollars and time ahead swapping for another truck that hasn't been modified already.
    If you are planning on leaving the 350 in search "Spicer plates" (or mounts or something like that For when the rubber on your motor mounts gives up the ghost. It's a lot better way to do it.
    भगवान तुम्हें प्यार करता है

Smile

carb plate should be level or tilted back up to 3 degrees depending on the carb you might get away with a little more.
    It takes a lot to flex the stock springs. It seems like I remember reading when new, the rear springs only sagged 1 inch with 2500 lbs in bed. The front springs are real stiff also. It will not flex nearly as much as your TJ.
    As long as you have a couple of inches you should be OK.
    If you still have concerns extend the bump stops a little.
    Show us some pics. we like pics.

I am doing a modified restoration and making this my daily driver. I have already removed the axles from under the truck but it sounds like I am within the norm. Thanks for the tips on the motor I will get an angle finder and check the degrees on the carb. As far as the mounts themselves they look like they are rigged to fit. I was looking at the Novak mounts. Has anyone ever had an experience with a set of them or recommend a cleaner looking alternative? Or if I cut theese off is there a way to make it look like it belongs there?

Here is the way many people mount a Chevy V8...flat plate that bolts to the frame horn and the rubber mount bolts to the other side...works real well:

Novak or Advanced?
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Thanks all, keep the suggestions coming.