Thread: Wiper Filters

My stock vacuum wipers stopped working the other day. Not a big problem since my top is off and I try not to drive it on days when rain is forcast. I determined that I had plenty of vacuum and that my on/off valve was working. I next took apart my motors. The problem was the air inlet nozzles. They were full of some kind of packing and bugs. I just cleaned them all the way out and reinstalled them. They now work great. Is there some kind of filter type thing supposed to be packed in the inlets? And how much damage can be done if I don't put anything back in? The only trouble I can forsee is more bugs or critters getting in side again. I don't think enough dirt and grit will get sucked all the way thtough the system to cause vacuum pump failure. I don't know, so that is why I am asking. Thanks.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Default Wiper Filters

I've never heard of such a thing...though it makes perfect sense...maybe a little snip from an old nylon with a zip tie?
    Be cheap and easy to remove...
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Hey thats funny,
    the same thing thing happened to me. My wipers quite working. I opened them up, and found wasp cocoons in both wiper housings. They were both dead, grew too big inside. Seems to happen to me at least twice a year. I don't know why they like the inside of that thing.

The packing reminded me of a cigarette filter. I was thinking of the nylon/zip tie combo myself.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Default Gas fired heater owners

section of pipe cleaner. Easy to remove/clean or replace... You can get ocer-sized ones at craft stores...

you are overthinking this.
    "other peoples junk, is something or other" - Militarypotts 02/07/2011

Spiders love to live in vacume lines. I have to clean mine out every few years to keep them working. (m151). I think I might try the old stockin/zip tie trick too.
    Zone holster maker