Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tire size question

Default Tire size question

Hello All,

Wanted to know if 325/85 16's will fit a stock truck on stock split RING rims?

Thanks,
    68' LS TT 6.0 /4L85e /AMG 242

not sure of the actual dimensions of the tire u're referring to but an 11.00x16 is about all that fits comfortably. i believe they are 38 tall & about 9 wide.

I have a set of the michelin XML 325/85/16s on my truck with the original rims. The only thing I have found is they will rub if you try to turn to sharply but other than that I havent noticed any problems. The one thing I had trouble with was getting someone to mount them. I found a local guy that did them and havent had any problems.

here are the tires mounted

Here they are on the truck
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety

Thanks for the info. I was wondering the same thing. 11.00x16 are getting extremely difficult to find these seem a little more common.
    M715
    M725
    48 Willys PU
    49 Willys Jeepster
    59 Willys Wagon
    76 Cherokee Chief
    97 Jeep GC
    02 Jeep TJ
    It's a Jeep Thing!

No worries it actually seem to ride smoother with these big tires and dang does it look good
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety

Thank you I was contemplating buying a set, can you tell me where you got yours and how much you paid for them?

It seems like tires for these Jeeps are taboo, I really want to run a set of MTRs, but I don't think I can.
    68' LS TT 6.0 /4L85e /AMG 242

Recommended rim width by design from Michelin for the XML 325/85/16 is a 9" rim.

Doesn't mean that you can't install them on narrower rims... simply means that the tires were designed for a 9" rim.

Quote Originally Posted by RAMairGTO72 View Post
    Thank you I was contemplating buying a set, can you tell me where you got yours and how much you paid for them?

It seems like tires for these Jeeps are taboo, I really want to run a set of MTRs, but I don't think I can.
    I purchased them from Wartires.com they are based out of FL and I got a deal on them. If I remember correctly it was around 1100 shipped.

And I was told the same thing that they should be on a 9 inch or wider rim but the do fine so far on the stock rims with a good high quaility tube in them

i bought my 11.00X16's brand new thru ryan at bj's offroad. they came out of wash. & supposedly he can get more.

Lol where were you when I was looking for those oh well i like these just as well