Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M715 vs M725 Parts

Default M715 vs M725 Parts

Are the front fenders, front sheet metal and frame/chassis the same? Plan is to part out a M725 to repair a M715. Thank you.

My thoughts:
    • The firewall and everything forward of that is the same as the 715. The fenders look the same, but I'm not positive about the mounting holes at rear of the front fenders
    • The windshield cowling and windshield frame is different than the 715
    • The 725 frame is almost the same except for the lack of hole in the rear crossmember for the pintle hook that the 715 has.
    • Not positive that all the rear truck bed body mounting pads on the frame are the same between the 715 and 725.

• also- all the 725 door parts are different than the 715
    • Gas filler neck is also different
    1969 M725 ambulance

Thank you, took a look at the M725 today and your observations appear to be correct.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes, all those parts are the same between the M715 and M725. Even some of the dash and cab floor and front seats are the same.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Thank you, so do you think the frame will work with a M715 body by adding the pintle hook features ?

Yes, I believe the frames are the same except for the pintle. To add the pintle you will need the sleeve and plate from the M715 frame, then drill the hole and weld it into the M725 frame. Should be an easy swap.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

OK, thank you Dave. I will start a new thread for the restoration project. I have done a lot of MV restorations however this is the first M715 and will have a lot of questions I'm sure.

Was that 725 in nh? Milford I think, saw the Craigslist ad, and am wondering if it's the same one, I'm thinking about grabbing it for parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by m38inmaine View Post
    OK, thank you Dave. I will start a new thread for the restoration project. I have done a lot of MV restorations however this is the first M715 and will have a lot of questions I'm sure.
    Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Yes, met with him Sunday, making arrangements now to go back and bring it home Wednesday.
    Last edited by m38inmaine; May 12th, 2018 at 04:33 PM.

Well good luck, and be sure to post plenty of pictures in a build thread, I look forward to it!
    Quote Originally Posted by m38inmaine View Post
    Yes, met with him Sunday, making arrangements now to go back and bring it home Wednesday.
    And perhaps it will make me work a little harder at mine...too much work now though, not enough play time.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk