Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More on hummer wheels

Question More on hummer wheels

Ok guys I just scored 8 tires from surplus hummers 4 of which are mounted on h1 military beadlocks for 250 is that a deal? is it worth the time to modify them to fit the cucv 60front and 70 rear thats in charlie. the tread on the tires is deep enough that if u do the penny test the penny almost dissappears in the tread. If I do modify the wheels any tips and tricks on getting them as true as possible. I have a collage degree in welding and have welded everything from art to 2 million$ pieces of equip. but never refabbed wheels to get them straight and viberation free as possible any and all input is wanted and apprecieated
    Bobby

You have a degree in an art form in which bits of objects, as newspaper, cloth, pressed flowers, etc are pasted together on a surface in incongruous relastionship for their symbolic or suggestive effect??

Sorry dude had to say it-last time I spelled a shock name incorrectly I got shet for a week

I think 2" spacers is the way to go. It should clear everything and be the cheepest way. If you are not going to hard wheel it it will be ok.

nothing works better then duct tape and bailingwire
    my signature is sweet huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk715 View Post
    You have a degree in an art form in which bits of objects, as newspaper, cloth, pressed flowers, etc are pasted together on a surface in incongruous relastionship for their symbolic or suggestive effect??

Sorry dude had to say it-last time I spelled a shock name incorrectly I got shet for a week
    ok so I did not have a spelling class in college or the two women I was living/sleeping with had my mind on things other than school or both but anyhow do I need grammer to fix these rims? And I wheel hard enough that spacers don't seem safe we wheel miles from nowhere around here and if U break it it can take days to get it out. yesterday I destroyed a 38.5 gumbo and now I am out of spares so I need to get started on my H1 rim project!!
    PS. I wheeled with 3 Rubicons all day ranging from almost stock to wildly modified. Thay were looking for things they could do that Charlie could'nt and they only did it when they decided to go 45 mph on pretty rough stuff the suspension on charlie did not handle the waterbreaks very well but to his credit one guy said he wanted to slow down but he was afraid I would monster truck his jeep because on the smooth straights I could have run over him thanks to a healthy V8.

Are they 8 bolt or 12 bolt rims? You should just sell them to me and buy a set of aftermarket beadlocks instead, lol. I will happily run them on my Ramcharger with a 2" steel spacer.
    -What We Have, We Hold-

I have some 12 bolt but shipping would be a killer.

Depends on what you want for them, lol. They should be UPS-able, but in the end it might be cheaper to put them all on a pallet. How many do you have complete? PM me with your asking price on the rims, please.
    -What We Have, We Hold-

Busy at work and have not been able to play here. I will see this weekend what I have. I am thinking around $75.00 each on the 12 bolt.

No hurry, Sermis. It might be after the first of the year before I move on getting my rims but they can be hard to find at times and I like to have a line in the water so to speak. Whenever you have time just let me know on here or over on SS.
    -What We Have, We Hold-