Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: M715 Restoration "Jeep Salad" thread.

Doing some shopping for my brake system and discovered I needed a master cylinder boot. Could not seem to find one or a cross but mine had the part number on it. Found it by dropping the "C" off the part number. Wagner F-10901.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sent the fuel pump to Then and now for a rebuild, was going to do it myself but after reading some of the threads thought it best to send it in. I am glad I did, the insides were pretty crusty, I can also see they welded a bushing in the pump arm which was quite loose, a very nice rebuild.

When restoring my WWII jeep there were a lot of these split rivets to install so I made a tool that installed them so when installed had the factory look. I used a cheap vice grip for the crimpers, cut an old thread die and shaped it for the crimp die and a flat plate for the backer. The tool came in handy again for the M715 windshield brackets.

Nice work with the split rivets and the installation tool.
    When you have a welder, you can build pretty muck what ever you need.
    1969 M725 ambulance

Do any of the trucks have a spare set of dash data tags and plate? I just picked up a '67 M715 project and the dash plate/tags are missing.

Thanks
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by monoshock View Post
    Do any of the trucks have a spare set of dash data tags and plate? I just picked up a '67 M715 project and the dash plate/tags are missing.

Thanks
    Mark
    You pretty much get to improv that data starting at the DS rear frame rail, from what I know. I would think delivery date & contract number data is lost with the disappearance of the dash data plate.

Yes I have 2 sets extra, one 725 and one 715.

Thanks- Id be interested in the one for the M715. I know the DOD and s/n would be wrong but at least I would have the rest of the tags and the plate that mounts them.