Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Saudi sand kaiser...

Nice find Im also A limey and American, Everybody hates me I would kill for some twiglets I know nothing about the stearing gear in the 715s, but I know that A GM saginaw steering gear from the later 70s gms with the 76 embossed were the ones to get, there (IIRC) 3 turns lock to lock, the later were allitle more lock to lock, but still good units. I drilled and tapped A gear for hydraulic assist. I used an 8" ram for the assist, but I can turn A set of 42s lock to lock at just above idle on concrete This setup is on my other rig, but it uses the setup from the same saginaw setup as yours

nice, twiglets and marmite! have you got any pics of the ram assist ?
    Ross
    Ephesians 2 v 8

Quote Originally Posted by ELB View Post
    Nice truck I like it. How close is the rad to the fan looks close in pic.
    the rad is now as far forward as i can get it, there's about an inch and a half, the photo is taken when i was mocking it up...
    Ross
    Ephesians 2 v 8

Quote Originally Posted by rossfender View Post
    nice, twiglets and marmite! have you got any pics of the ram assist ?
    X2 On the ram assist pics

Here is a fiew The setup im running is hi steer/rear steer. It keeps things high and tight The nice thing about the saginaw box is that when it hits the end of the stroke, it quits applying preashure. Im also running hydro boost on this rig, Im running A gallon or so of fluid in the system and A cooler. I used A 2" ram, it pushes harder but you loose some road feel, the 1.5s dont push as hard but you get better road feel. I drilled and tapped my own gear it is really easy and the material is very easy to work with.

Ill try and dig up some info on drilling and tapping the gears. I did A fiew A fiew years back but havent done any latly

I forget to mention. If you look at the pic of the diff cover, you can see where its bent to hell, it ripped out the bolts while turning lock to lock when the cylinder was connected to the axle

RESULT ! found a junk yard here with 11r16 XL's! the guy doesn't know what hes sitting on.... im buying 8 of them all new!
    Ross
    Ephesians 2 v 8

Just curious...how much?

oh...CONGRATS!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    Just curious...how much?

oh...CONGRATS!!
    +1 how many new set r there?wonder how much shipping would b as well?long way but they make a proffit shipping all that chinese junk to the states.

wait for it....im getting 8 of them for 1000 SAR thats about 350 USD - there's got to be about 60 of them, all kept in storage, and theres 2 off 715's same condition as mine ( pretty much mint as no rust ) he want's 2000 USD for each, anyone interested in making a quiclk buck could organise a container and fit the lot in... not sure the cost of that though....
    Ross
    Ephesians 2 v 8