Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Saudi sand kaiser...

man that thing is super nice I like it!!!
    Chris

ok - 3rd time for posting a pic.... lets see if this works.... trust me im better with spanners than computers...[IMG][/IMG]

looks good!
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Stuff in Saudi is cheap as chips.... new powersteering box and pitman rm all for 150 saudi riyals... thats about 40 usd![IMG][/IMG]
    Ross
    Ephesians 2 v 8

Here in the states, you're truck looks like it might belong to an Oakland Raiders fan because it's black and silver. The teams colors. Your truck looks very solid. Maybe being in that part of the world keeps the truck fairly rust free. Kind of like the cars and trucks of Arizona. It's a good looking truck. Welcome to the Zone.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Does your truck still retain the original 230ci Tornado motor in it? Looks like you're running on 1100x16 Michelin's. I have those on my truck and love them. What's your plans for the truck? Will it be turned back to Military O.D. or will you leave it black? How long will you be in Bahrain? Sorry for all the questions, but it's interesting to have a member from so far away.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Sorry, I didn't see the original post. Some questions were answered. Still an interesting truck tho.

...And so the adventure begins..... was driving home and my foot slipped on the throttle, unusual i thought, until oi looked down and my feet were covered in oil...Taking out my trustee tool kit removed the floor panels to discover a nice little hole in the flexible oil line that comes from the T connector / pressure switch..... seems i'' be back out on the hunt for an oil line tonight.... all good fun...[IMG][/IMG]
    Ross
    Ephesians 2 v 8

Changing that line is a pain...hope you get it easy...I have posted before the technique I used...I will link it below.

Oil Line Blew

Also. you might want to use a NEW hose, not an NOS one...I never had luck with them lasting long.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Having done it with the engine in the truck, personally if I was to do it again, I would just use a hard line. The flexible line works well but it's a bit more expensive for parts and can be tricky to install. The soft line worked out great for me because Brute gave me a great deal on one that was already made up, but a hard line with a 90 degree bend at the top end would allow you to simply slide it into place and turn the fitting (like a brake hard line fitting) until it's tight, without moving the line itself. You may chose to do it another way, just make sure if you use a soft line that the fittings will allow you to turn the entire hose until it's tight. You'll notice in that thread that I wasn't able to use the first hose I bought because it hit against the back of the head when I tried to tighten it... Welcome to the Zone and good luck!