Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: door to cab seals

throw a set on for me as well.

Don't let me get anyone's hopes up on this I am just trying to keep the ball rolling. It seems to be a part that we are all interested in whether for need or just to complete a restoration and if I can help I will do my part.

Well, VaM715 apparently does this sort of thing as his primary business. Most likely he'd be the most cost-effective source for door seals. The rest of us would have to go through another middleman to get them, eh? I just hope he comes through for us pretty soon!

NOTE: Many of you had different usernames on the PseudoZone. Please look the list over carefully to make sure you're not on there already when you ask me to put you on there now. Thanks!
    -- Tim Taylor

Please add me for a set too.
    It's no little problem.

Please add me to this list. I am ready when you are.

Carmen

Hmm just wondering here but couldn't these work with some slight modification?

http://www.bjsoffroad.com/cartgenie/...pid=571&cid=11

I haven't done it myself but I have read numerous threads about switching to civilian doors so I thought these would probably work just require mods at the top of the door where the windows are on ours. At $35 a piece I will probably get one and try it sometime in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by tngreenmachine View Post
    Hmm just wondering here but couldn't these work with some slight modification?

http://www.bjsoffroad.com/cartgenie/...pid=571&cid=11

I haven't done it myself but I have read numerous threads about switching to civilian doors so I thought these would probably work just require mods at the top of the door where the windows are on ours. At $35 a piece I will probably get one and try it sometime in the future.
    I think we're talking about the door seal that is under the windshield, right?

The link you have is a universal "pinch" seal that goes around the entire door frame on an FSJ.

This thread is about the rubber seals that wrap all the way around the door. There is also a small portion near the windshield as well. Not sure if we're including the seals around the door glass on the top frame, but bonus if we are!

Perhaps VaM715 will chime in with a clearer explanation.
    -- Tim Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by ColHart View Post
    I have Solidworks 2007 and do all my designs with it.
    Solidworks??? Isn't that an Inventor wannabe???

Quote Originally Posted by FSJGuy View Post
    I think we're talking about the door seal that is under the windshield, right?

The link you have is a universal "pinch" seal that goes around the entire door frame on an FSJ.
    I was under the assumption it was the pinch seal around the door...

If someone needs the seal under the windshield I bought one a couple years ago and could try and find the info from where I got it ( I think memphis equpment or someone did a run of them).

As far as the seal around the top of the door.. JC whitney sells a generic rubber seal that fits perfect and used to be listed under the parts list section but again I think I still have the # for that if someone needs it.

Again, I would assume that the door seal (speaking of the one that goes around the door jamb and is affixed to the door) that is offered by BJ's would work as from what I can tell the doors are exactly the same from the window down...

Now if we are talking about some other seal I dunno.. But I can look for one