Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: M715 Restoration "Jeep Salad" thread.

Standing midnight watches this week so not too much energy but did sort through and assembled the best set of seat frames, not exciting but job done.
    Attached Images Attached Images

They do look familiar. You have illustrated the difference between left and right. Kaiser would have made it a lot easier if they were the same...

Well looks like the plans have changed, I bought two more trucks today, going to pick them up Tuesday. One is rust free and I will build that rather than mess with the rust. Will post up pictures when I get them loaded.

Picked up two more M715's today, red one is 68, grey 67. Grey one is all original, less front bumper and was a runner until the owner passed away a couple years ago. He also had the red one, missing engine/transmission but is super clean. There is a winch and pto in the front of the 68, winch looks awful big but there were also winch brackets in the lot. Perhaps he had picked these up at some time. My plan now is to transplant the engine into the red truck and restore that one correct. The grey truck will be fixed and get a V8. Any help to ID the winch/pto would be appreciated. EDIT: Found tag on PTO, Braden CJ100 so a jeep pto not M715, winch is a Braden LU4 so that is good, also has the winch extension plates.
    Last edited by m38inmaine; June 5th, 2018 at 09:06 PM.

Nice score!

You're fleet is growing.

Thank you, a few people told me they were rare and hard to find, bought 4 and still have another to go look at. Been cleaning them out and getting rid of added on junk. Red truck had a broken door glass and the regulator was un hooked, the parts trucks are coming in very handy.

Those look real nice for trucks around here.
    Is that real money?

Well my rust free baby has some cancer, after close inspection I found some rot under the support brace, passenger side is fine. I started today surgically removing the bad stuff, taking it slow and only removing what is necessary. Also finished rebuilding the driver door, it had a broken roll up window and the regulator was unhooked. The top hinge bolts were missing the captive nuts on the top two bolts, found them lying in the bottom of the door post. I had to make 2 new "nut plates", drill out the original two spot welds and weld in the new nut plates. The bottom one was really fun with a brace right in the way, had to use magnets and wires to fish it in there. Sorry I was so involved I did not take more "during" pictures. The parts truck paid off again providing a window glass and a nice plastic track run.

Looks like the grey one has the fording kit? If so and you plan on selling it I'd be interested.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

No fording kit, the PO welded a pipe to the windshield bracket, a fake fording intake, give you a good deal on it.