Thread: Headlight wiring question.

Default Headlight wiring question.

Can anyone tell me, on the M 715, the headlight wiring:
    The headlight capsule assembly, has 3 wire leads which attach it to the vehicle's harness. Circuits 17 and 18, are hi and lo beam. the third, which is headlamp ground, ends in a terminal lug, and attaches with a Phillips screw, star washers, and nut.
    Where does this ground lug attach? I cant find a hole for it.
    Anyone help me out?

Thanks!
    Chilly

There is good wiring information I think in the "online maintenance manuals" tab at the top...Or someone who knows netter than I will be along shortly I am sure...
    Is that real money?

That is a darn good question. I figured it was grounded close by when I read this post. However, I just looked at a complete truck and a truck all apart with no wires installed and I can't find the ground for any of the front lights.

There is a ground lug in the wiring harness about 2 feet from the headlights. I just can't put my finger or my eye on that location on an actual truck.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

If I remember correctly I used one of the bolts on the marker light bracket to ground the headlight ground loop. It's been over 10 years since I restored my truck so I might not be correct. My mind doesn't seem to go back that far anymore.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Should be a small hole for a machine screw in the rad support up high.
    Looks like I need to dust inside of there.

Here is a view of the nut on the inside of rad support, right side.
    Sorry, I don't know how to photoshop arrows to point to objects

Dan: Is there a spot on this site where I could view numerous photos of your truck? If not, then please post multiple shots. I love the truck and your work on it is flawless.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Vin View Post
    Dan: Is there a spot on this site where I could view numerous photos of your truck? If not, then please post multiple shots. I love the truck and your work on it is flawless.
    Thanks for the compliment

I had a lengthy restoration thread going a few years ago, but all of the photos were lost during the photobucket fiasco this summer, and I don't know how to restore them (which would require the forbidden editing to an older thread)

I have started using imgure.com recently for uploading photos.

So that said, I'm going to try to reproduce the old restoration thread with all of the old photos.
    Thanks for the encouragement! And stay tuned.