Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your 715 today?

Default From Long Island

When I purchased the M715 this fall, I was disappointed by how sluggish the vehicle was. Engine ran well but going up hills was absurd and I felt like an Amish horse drawn vehicle.

Fast forward a bit to February when I decided to replace all the brake cylinders like I usually do with a new acquisition because I don't know how the prior owner treated it. That lead to replacing a home-made front brake hose set and after the master failed because it rusted out, I had an excuse to replace the brake shoes. (Don't ask)

One thing leads to another so the slight leak on the transfer case was fixed with a full rebuild kit this week. It went from a struggle to get into/out of 4WD into an easy shift.

Now it feels like a sports car in comparison to what I'm used to and I spent the morning with the stupidest grin on my face driving places for no particular reason except that the hills were steep and the truck simply ran effortlessly. Of course, it gets dicey on the 4th start-up of the day for no reason I can figure out but aside from that, I can't wait for a Convoy to join.

Happy to hear you got it running. I was in huntington yesterday for my dads 69th birthday. I almost drove my truck. I got it running 3 days ago. And the only problem was some leaks from the radiator. I used JB weld on 2 of the 3 minor holes. They hold up fine. Now just a slow steady drip. Going to look into a new radiator or possible rebuild at a local shop. Also a steady drip by the oil pump when its running. Since that gasket project is a little too much at the moment ill throw an external sealer on it for now...But i should be rolling again by this weekend. We should plan a day trip sometime in the near future. And post some pics on your rebuilds

I needed to get away been working my tail end off at my new job and the weather has kept me indoors to long so me and this lovely lady took a walk in the woods and went fishing. Didn't catch anything but relaxed which is what I needed.

P.S. this is part of my new job I helped my boss restore this '77 TA he does it as a hobby and I pitched in in our spare time.
    Chris

I installed my mx6707 antenna with all the correct mounts, I picked up a small mobile scanner on ebay (bearcat560xlt) for 23.00, installed it behind the seat on the side of the console aka battery box, and hooked it up to the antenna so I can monitor all the fire dept pagers for brush fires I respond to working for NJ forest fire. didn't realize how tall it was until I hit a bridge last night with it, and broke the plastic ball tip, luckily it broke at the seam and was able to glue it back together this am

I took a road trip to the next town over and took a few photos with the M110 self propelled howitzer. Turned out pretty nice.

Chris

Chris,, looking nice!!!

Great pictures!
    1969 M715

Thanks guys
    Chris

My daughter drove my M715 on January 20, 2017. She is 40 and drives a standard transmission in her home country of Australia. So, she is familiar with a "Stick". She did well.

Since I had not had the truck out since then, I started it up (It started immediately as usual!) and went for about an hour ride of about 25 miles around here. It sure is fun to drive....

As most know, my truck is about as stock as one can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Cavey View Post
    My daughter drove my M715 on January 20, 2017. She is 40 and drives a standard transmission in her home country of Australia. So, she is familiar with a "Stick". She did well.

Since I had not had the truck out since then, I started it up (It started immediately as usual!) and went for about an hour ride of about 25 miles around here. It sure is fun to drive....

As most know, my truck is about as stock as one can get.
    Pretty cool Don!
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15