Thread: Jeep v. Kaiser

Default Jeep v. Kaiser

Just curious what parts from the Jeep Gladiator that the M715 is based off of will fit the M715. Is it worth looking for old military parts vs. the possibly easier to find gladiator parts?

Quote Originally Posted by Rtech1841 View Post
    Just curious what parts from the Jeep Gladiator that the M715 is based off of will fit the M715. Is it worth looking for old military parts vs. the possibly easier to find gladiator parts?
    I got a heater core from O'Reilly and it was for a 1962-65 Jeep Gladiator. The spacing of the in and out pipes is not exact; I will have to cut the housing. And, the thickness and length of the core is less so I will have to fabricate/modify the two little mounting brackets.

I think the hood is the same but maybe we have two cross braces that the civilian doesn't have. You can use the civilian 12 Volt distributor etc. But the front cover is different, the mounting location is different for the engine, the water pump is different. And of course, one thing that many do is to use a civilian intake manifold. That allows you to install a two barrel carburetor without an adapter. (ETC.)

Not a lot on the body interchanges...the hood will bolt on but there are differences over the years...the door will bolt on but the windows dont work with the windshield/top.

There are parts of the motor that will but there are alot of parts on the 230 that wont as well.

Axles on the M715 are not on the civvy trucks except maybe 1 heavy duty model I saw a pic of in a book that I have never seen in real life and certainly the gear ratio was not the same.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!