Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dana 60 sua steering questions

Default Dana 60 sua steering questions

Hello, I,m looking for info and/or ideas on what people did for steering for SUA GM Dana 60 swap. I have the axle in place and just looking for economical and functional ideas. Pictures would be much appreciated too. Thanks

Mikel might have some pics. I saw his rig and didn't think he had to do anything drastic, but can't remember exactly....
    Is that real money?

We had a member who did this and had it all written down and photo'd...then, without explanation, he deleted basically all of his posts and left...this is why we had to put the edit limit at a few minutes after a post is made, except for admins...

Wish I had that stuff...it would explain it all...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Yep, and the said member did some very nice work. Wish his stuff was still here.

Eighty, Can you post some pics of how yours sits and maybe we can give some advice? Do you have a specific issue?
    Is that real money?

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    We had a member who did this and had it all written down and photo'd...then, without explanation, he deleted basically all of his posts and left...this is why we had to put the edit limit at a few minutes after a post is made, except for admins...

Wish I had that stuff...it would explain it all...
    I wish Lee hadn't done that, but losing control over my posts really bothers me. This the only forum that I frequent that does that.

Going back to the original topic, here is an old photo of mine. Like Ray says, nothing exotic. I welded a tab with a tapered hole to the tierod and used a shortened draglink.

I just have a stock Dana 60 with all its original steering components. I will be swapping to power steering and from I have read a Lares 1106 with a wagoneer pitman arm. I also read an old thread about flipping the tie rod and drilling and tapering the existing hole for the steering stabilizer. I think I might go with welding a tapered tab on the tie rod and making a drag link.

This is what I made for the passenger side. I wasn't crazy about cutting original spring perch out. Does anyone see any potential problems with this (nothing is fully tightened down and will use grade 8 bolts in place of the perch studs)? Thanks for and feedback.

I would use an outer round and an inner square u-bolt - use a plate under the spring- something just don't look right with that set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk