Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your 715 today?

You guys make me jealous. My truck is sitting in Florida, 737 miles away and I can't drive it right now!

Pooooh!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Don Cavey View Post
    You guys make me jealous. My truck is sitting in Florida, 737 miles away and I can't drive it right now!

Pooooh!

What are you going to do Don, wait till it gets up to a nice comforatable 100 degrees before you come down?

Quote Originally Posted by jpsnblood View Post
    What are you going to do Don, wait till it gets up to a nice comforatable 100 degrees before you come down?
    I would have been down last year. But family obligations have continued to put things on hold. I had to go to California for a month to help my sister with her home, then to Australia for 6 weeks to watch my grandson. Then, the holidays. Then, my Daughter and family came to the US for a 6 weeks. Now, I am going back to Australia for two months to assist again with the the grandson.

My daughter and son-in-law are both research scientists. They will be going to Sulawesi for a month to trap and examine rats. They both work for Museum Victoria in Melbourne.

I have taken two vehicles and 17' truckloads of crapola there so far. Believe me, I would love to get this house sold and be done with it. But it takes time and I seem to never be in charge of my life. Not a rant, just the facts. I can't wait to be parked outside of Surf or Sliders or the American Legion Post 54 with the truck. Thanks for asking!

BTW, member "Aviation" has his truck about four blocks from the museum in Melbourne. I will be at the museum many times. Hope we can "hook up". I have sent a PM and an email to him but no response yet. He was only on this forum for about 7 days in January. Hope he checks his mail! I would love to see his M715 in Australia!

Don, even though you don't get to see your truck much, I'm pretty envious that you get to go to the land down under! What an awesome experiance that must be. You should see if "aviation" will take you for a drive through the back country.

Weekend update, didn't really get any work done on my truck this weekend cuz I was helping my sister move. However, I did buy a replacement tool box. I was going to cough up the cash on one of them nice craftsman roller cabinets but my buddy told me to check out the harbor freight tool cabinets instead. I'm always skeptical of harbor freight tools because some are total junk but ill tell you what, the 5 drawer rolling tool cabinet I got is awesome. I actually like it better than the craftsman. They have heavy duty ball bearing sliders, gas shocks for the top lid, greaseable oversized casters, and they even come with drawer liners which you have to buy extra for the craftsman boxes. Here's the best part.....I only paid $200 bucks for it. The craftsman boxes with equivalent features is around $350 and up. If anyones in the market for a medium sized rolling tool cabinet, buy the harbor freight one and save the extra money for tools or parts for your truck.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

BTW, member "Aviation" has his truck about four blocks from the museum in Melbourne. I will be at the museum many times. Hope we can "hook up". I have sent a PM and an email to him but no response yet. He was only on this forum for about 7 days in January. Hope he checks his mail! I would love to see his M715 in Australia!
    BTW I just got an email from George, AKA "Aviation". I will contact him when I am in Melbourne...

Last Saturday I transported some 1000+ lbs of concrete debris, soil, bushes and scrap metal to the dump. That is standard use between MV meetings of my truck. Sometimes I also transport some construction stuff with the truck. The M715 simply has to work between the MV meetings.
    And the truck is made for that.
    Wolf
    Keep it running! Make miles to keep the truck alive!

I would have been down last year. But family obligations have continued to put things on hold. I had to go to California for a month to help my sister with her home, then to Australia for 6 weeks to watch my grandson. Then, the holidays. Then, my Daughter and family came to the US for a 6 weeks. Now, I am going back to Australia for two months to assist again with the the grandson.

My daughter and son-in-law are both research scientists. They will be going to Sulawesi for a month to trap and examine rats. They both work for Museum Victoria in Melbourne.

I have taken two vehicles and 17' truckloads of crapola there so far. Believe me, I would love to get this house sold and be done with it. But it takes time and I seem to never be in charge of my life. Not a rant, just the facts. I can't wait to be parked outside of Surf or Sliders or the American Legion Post 54 with the truck. Thanks for asking!

Anybody that is as dedicated to his family as you are will be a welcome asset to the community whenever you make it.
    I look forward to meeting you.
    If I can be any help just ask.

Hey Don, send your daughter and her husband to some of the big cities in the US, they can trap all the rats they want
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Well I started removing the front clip last night so I can pull the SBC 350 and start the freshening up process. Things that I know I need to do is a rear main seal (leaking) and oil pan gasket, and also valve cover gaskets. Then while I'm at it, Ill put a new carb and intake on it and maybe some new headers. Besides new freeze plugs, can anyone else think of any "good to do while its out" maintenance items?

I found out last night that apparently jeep only had one size wrench and socket, 1/2 inch! I pulled almost every single bolt out using only 1/2" socket and wrench. Wish I could convince my buddy to unify all the bolts in the front clip of his land cruiser. He's got pretty much every spare bolt and different size you could think of in his front clip. Haha

and power steering lines so I don't forget which ones which

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Well I finished pulling the motor out last night. I think I its finally time to get a new hydrolic ram for my engine hoist. I was at least able to make it work enough to get the motor out but not well enough to get it on the engine stand. Hopefully this weekend I can start ripping into it to do the gaskets and rear main seal. Then I just gotta get a new carb for it, plop it back it, and drive it like I stole it.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2