Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your 715 today?

Quote Originally Posted by jpsnblood View Post
    yep
    I looked into rebuilding my 1967's stock engine.
    I could have easily bought a crate small block chevy for the price of parts, not to mention machine work.
    Needless to say I took a running small block out of my very rusty 68 and stuck it into my 67.
    I am still managing to spend a small fortune.
    I am glad that there are people with the will power, skill and finances to preserve the m715s in original condition.
    Yeah im glad there are people out there with the finances to keep the stock trucks alive. I know i dont have the finances or know how to restore mine to stock.

what the heck the burble of a small block sounds good!
    Heck I even put on the noisy cut gear drive for the cam.
    When the project gets close to complete I will put on a flame thrower kit for the exhaust.
    It is yours have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by jpsnblood View Post
    what the heck the burble of a small block sounds good!
    Heck I even put on the noisy cut gear drive for the cam.
    When the project gets close to complete I will put on a flame thrower kit for the exhaust.
    It is yours have fun!
    Yeah that's what I was getting at, since I don't have the money to do a real nice stock restoration, I'm diving into the loud rumbling of a small block resto-mod. I have glass packs and side pipes on my truck so its nice and loud. It looks cool when its warming up in the cold cuz steam come rolling out of the side pipes and adds to the tough look.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

I got to slobber and drool over my M715 again. wish the coil would show up in the mail. im sure the ups guy is scared to drive by many more times.

DWR
    Duran W Ray

Welp I started prepping my floor for herculiner last night. This envolved cutting some rust out and welding in a patch. Everything was going smoothly until I found exactly where the cab crossmember is on the drivers and pasangers side.

Anyway, I threw a couple tacks on the spots where I cut. Into the cross member and suck sessfully (spelled wrong on purpose) welded in a new piece of sheat metal. I spelled it suck sessfully cuz I got to find out just how bad my welding skills are. Haha at least the patches are in there nice and strong and it will be all covered up with herculiner anyway so you won't be able to tell.

Oh and I also (by accident) decided to test how strong craftsman tool boxes are when I went to pull my truck in the garage. I had forgotten where I put it and almost drove right over it. Haha guess this gives me a reason to buy a new nicer tool box.

Ill try to remember to post some pictures of the herculined floor pan when its all done.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

I have had good results with herculiner. If u suspect you may need it soon check with auto zone and orilieys when you can, they sometimes have a huge sale on them, around 50%

I thought about working on it today, but I was working out of town again. One of my friends was at the house today and wanted to work on it also. I was gone, soon I hope. Someday, someday.....

Tyson
    I Herculinered my carhauler's diamond plate floor.
    I did it when hauler was new. It was a great decision.
    I will also herculiner the floor in my old 03Rubicon not a speck of rust when I sold it.
    I will also use it to in the M 715's floor when I get to that point.

I picked up the tools and loaded them on the service truck and did a service call. Soon I hope. Annie told me the next truck I work on will be a Duece so I can sell it. E brake pads and fluid changes and General PMCS. Soon. Joe

Started putting in my replacement radiator # 289. Had to modify things a bit I think/hope? I was running on 2 hrs of sleep and in a hurry! Some how with 4 vehicles I ended up at home with no drivable vehicles. Wifes van got a flat no spare, burnt out the starter on the 250 last weekend,wrangler had a dead battery and was parked on the back 40. Solution instal the radiator in 715 I had just picked up. It had a flange on the frount and back of the radiator so I cut the rear off. It must b thicker as well I cut out about a 1/2 inch from the frount clip so it would go far enough forward to bolt up. It still needs work but i got it in well enought to drive 60 miles to get the van tire fixed.
    I'm still having clearance issues. The bottem of the radiator is sitting on the diagonal cross supports and the driver side support rod hits the top corner when he hood shuts.
    If the nuts on the back side Of the hood support arnt wielded I guess I will try to move it over a half inch or so. I may also grind a 1/16 to 1/8" from the top of the diagonal x-member so vibration dose not eat a hole through the new radiator.
    Imput on my ideas/issues good /bad? Got little sleep today as well.