Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Windshield wiper conversion Version 2.0

a freind of mine has a 32 ford he drives up to new york every year for a show , no wipers, but he syas he uses rainex and it works great for him. He says once he uses it though , he has to reapply it.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by buzzbike71 View Post
    Great info and pics. These are definitely on my purchase list. I really like the way you set up the switch. Would you be willing to fabricate more switchboxes and sell them. If so, let me know because I would definitely want one.

Thanks again.

I don't think there'd be enough demand for me to make more than one at a time. I could make you one when you're ready to do the install though, if you'd like.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

I used to use Rain-X years ago and it did work, as long as you were driving at highway speed. Slow traffic or around town and you had a beaded up windshield. It also likes to build up on the windshield after a while and it will begin to get an oily sort of film that distorts your view. The only thing I found that would take it off was Ajax or Comet cleanser.

Randy, how many of those brass nuts came with your kit? mine only had the one on the base of the shaft , a rubber washer, a metal washer and then the other brass nut. Looks like you used 3 of them . did ya have ta buy one?

I seem to recall I bought an install kit with the motors, that had extra nuts, washers and seals.

I didnt order the install kit and only had one nut. I made spacers out of small DOM and it worked just fine. Install kit would have been easier but there are other ways.

Randy thanks again for this. The only disappointing thing about this was how easy the install was

I checked with adap,napa,ace and aubuchon,home depot, lowes and with wild horses where i bought the kit and nobody had the nuts , so i ended up using the spacers as well. I found some at lowes that fit perfect. Install was simple, thanks randy!

I just bought this kit. Thanks for the great writeup!

My problem is that I'm trying to do the install by remote control! The truck's in Texas, and my wife's flying down to drive it home.

Can anyone give me a hole-to-hole measurement? I want to mock it up, do the wiring, make the spacers, and have it ready to drop in...

Oh, yeah- how long did those spacers end up?

BTW, Wild Horses said that they had some of the nuts on hand when I talked to them. I'm supposed to be getting a few extras.

Thanks!

If I understand what you are asking, here are measurements from when I added YJ wipers:

I finally go around to putting wipers on. I bought a YJ motor and linkage over the winter. I mounted the linkage first. I welded up the passenger side hole, then redrilled both sides with a 7/8" hole saw. I ised a file to cut the keyway slots in the holes. The center to center of the wiper posts was about 22-7/8"<br />
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

That's exactly what I was looking for- thanks!