Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: beachwood canvas top vs surplus city top

Maybe it rains too much here in MI but there is no way I'm going to all that hassle every 1-2 days. And I like holding onto the center bow as I'm driving down the road.
    To be honest I had never removed all the frame stuff until I got the hard top. Then it comes off in the fall and back on in the spring.
    I suppose if I lived in TX where rain was a very occasional thing I would feel different, but here it would just be too much of a PITA.
    भगवान तुम्हें प्यार करता है

Quote Originally Posted by kwai View Post
    Not at all. I originally used a stronger word than hillbilly.
    I can't stop laughing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Duane View Post
    In the communist state of NJ we cannot drive on the road with the winshield down, you must have a windshield on cars and trucks. only off road it will fly.

Duane
    What if you wear glasses? In MA at least on a motorcycle you have to have EITHER a windshield OR riding glasses/face shield on your helmet. Not sure if that also applies to 4 wheeled vehicles.

I am resurrecting this old thread to find out if it is still relevant.

I'm starting to think about a canvas top for my truck.

Has anyone bought a Beachwood top recently?

They look to be a bit more expensive than SurplusJeeps

I have the time to wait for a top but don't know if I really need the roll up back window here in Michigan in the summer. I will likely be topless most of the time anyway.

I take the top off in May and put it back on in October or as the weather allows. I was pretty close to you today. I was in Battle Creek.
    Thanks for all the help!

That was pretty close. What were you doing there?

Oh and just to clarify I will be topless in the summer. This time of year the truck won't be driven much and will likely have the hard top on.

Just FYI on Beachwood Canvas.....I ordered new seat covers back in October.....then "Hurricane Sandy" hit.....didn't hear from them and emails were not returned....come to find out they were hit pretty bad by the storm, they are located on the NJ coast and are just now getting back up to buisness.....did finally recieve the covers and they are top quality.....and I plan on them for my new top in the Spring.....Kevin
    1968 M-715 Ex-Brush Truck

I have the surplus city top and I like it alot, beachwood are top notch,the only thing I don't like about theirs is they stencile the beachwood web site address inside the back of the top. I will never use weebe webbing, I was going to buy a cover for my m100 trailer at the MVPA nationals this past june, asked a couple questions and the guy was an absolute jerk to me and treated me like I was stupid . New life is the best of all of them, I have a new life top on my m38a1 and I absolutely love it I just didn't feel like waiting a year to get my top, took 6 months to get my m38a1 top

Jeeper,
    I have a part time job as a corporate pilot and my employer had a meeting at the Kellogg factory. I was there all of about 3 hours. I'd swear the temperature dropped 10 to 15 degrees while I was there.
    Thanks for all the help!

Can sombody help out with links to these places please. Im also looking for a top that would work the best in the PNW.

What is the average cost on the tops? And is there other color options?

Thanks