Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats the best soft top for my 715?

I didn't buy the truck to have a roof on it! lol
    But in Colorado, I'm more worried about Spring (and Summer, and Fall) showers while I'm out and about, so a quickly replaceable top is most ideal. In winter, I'll put the hard top on or drive my other vehicles...
    Thanks!

I'm going to get one from New Life Canvas: they have one with a zip-up back panel, and they offer colors other than OD.

Plus, you get to look at Binford's truck while you make your selection.

Ive been puttin off buying a top for a long time
    My question to the group is from what company and why
    I like the new life canvas that can be rolled up in back
    I'm road tripping in a month and will need i soon
    Does anybody have experience with any of the top manufacturers good and bad about quality and delivery times I know if I talked to them they'll tell me what I want to hear you guys will tell me the truth
    thanks in advance
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by noreallyicanfixit View Post
    Ive been puttin off buying a top for a long time
    My question to the group is from what company and why
    I like the new life canvas that can be rolled up in back
    I'm road tripping in a month and will need i soon
    Does anybody have experience with any of the top manufacturers good and bad about quality and delivery times I know if I talked to them they'll tell me what I want to hear you guys will tell me the truth
    thanks in advance
    Karl
    If you need it in a month then Surplus City is your only option. They are the only ones to carry them in stock. Everyone else is made at the time of order and is usually an 8 week wait time.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

I bought a used "new" top from a guy on eBay several years ago. So, I am not sure who made it. But I want to let you know that often, the top will be tight and all of the snaps around the door window may not reach. However... after about a week in the sun, things loosened up enough and each day or so, I was able to fasten another snap. Eventually, they all snapped properly. And, I will say that there is no sag in my top. It is very taught.

Just my experience.

When my hardtop was put on... all the "snaps" were removed... is there a place to by rivets/snaps?
    67' M715/5.9 Cummins/ZF5/NP205

Quote Originally Posted by venominjected View Post
    When my hardtop was put on... all the "snaps" were removed... is there a place to by rivets/snaps?
    Yep, most any hardware store will have replacement snap hardware. Usually they are in little kits of both halves of a snap. They are a standard size so you will be good to go to match up with your soft top when you get it.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Subybaja View Post
    I wouldn't consider a soft top somewhere that gets cold, unless it's a summer driver only.

I've only had a hard top on my 715, but I used to drive a VW dune buggy with a cloth roof. My hardtop is much quieter and better sealed. And lockable.
    Wait, I just realized you said "lock". How the hell do you lock your truck?? lol

And again, no one knows were to get the rest of the top besides the canvas?

I put door locks on my truck with a hard top. had to cut a hole and file out the square parts.pictures will come when the picture thing gets worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by tomb View Post
    I put door locks on my truck with a hard top. had to cut a hole and file out the square parts.pictures will come when the picture thing gets worked out.
    Post 'em from your phone with the Tapatalk app. I gave up on posting from a photo hosting site years ago-- too much of a PITA.