Thread: 1967 M715 Oil Pump

Default 1967 M715 Oil Pump

Gents,

I replaced gaskets on the oil pump today as it was leaking and when I took the top cover off, the spring, and something that looks like a piston fell out; my question is the piston; what faces the top cover; the smaller end with the nipple on the end or the larger round end? I looked at the back of the cover and it had a slight divot from the nipple, but I was not sure if I had done that playing with it, but that is the way I put it back in. Oil pressure was always at 60psi with no movement at all from the gauge, but since I put the pump back in I get 60psi at cold idle or under load. Once warmed (today 75 degrees) 35PSI, which when accelerated jumped up to 60 PSI so working PSI warm is from 30-60 psi. Gauge is moving to coincide with higher speed; does this sound correct; Drove about 50 miles today at our near 50-55 MPH (Stock gears 5.87), the engine temp was as normal 180 degrees and never went any higher. I am running straight 30 weight oil. I just want make sure I have the little piston in properly

Thanks
    Tony

Does this help?

Default Thank You

Don,
    I looked all over for a diagram and could not find one. I am so glad I put it in right so I do not have to take it back out!!

Thanks Again

I have been farting around with these trucks and the TMs for a while now. So, I usually can find what we want.

I am glad that:

-You were able to install it correctly
    -I was able to help

Many on this forum give unselfishly of their knowledge, time and items. I always believe in "Pay It Forward" when I can.

Cheers Mate!