Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839

Thread: What did you do to your 715 today?

Quote Originally Posted by rboltz View Post
    Finally got to replace my leaking dual master today. I forgot how difficult it is to get to those rear wheel cylinder bleeder valves. Easiest is to jack the rear up on the frame to open the top wheel well space. You can gain 9" making it easy to get your head in there from the top over the tire. Used the new vacuum bleeder for the first time. Should have bought one years ago!
    Good on 'ya Ron. Glad to see you still working on the truck.

So, tell me about the vacuum bleeder. I can often do it by myself with a Mason jar, tube from the bleeder into brake fluid in the jar etc. That is unless I get a friend to work the pedal for me...

Default Capri

Quote Originally Posted by Don Cavey View Post
    So, tell me about the vacuum bleeder.
    Capri CP21029 from Amazon but available many places. $85 +/-. Runs of the air compressor. Needs 40-70 lbs pressure but runs best about 30 or so. If too much air, it will pull air from around the bleeder nipple seal and you see bubbles in the fluid when there really is non coming out of the bleeder valve. In other words, it will cause the seal to leak between the suction line and the bleeder nipple because it sucks too hard. Its a one man show though.
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era