Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stupid Fuel Sending Unit

Followed the above proceedure just a few minutes ago. Yulp, sender checks bad, wiring fine.
    So does someone know the best source for a new unit? As I mentioned to someone else, If I'm going to the trouble of replacing it I might as well go new....unless they are like 100 bucks or something.

I've got a brand new fuel gauge you can have, if you want or need it.

Wow, thanks for the offer Dale. I'm pretty sure my gauges are okay for the time being. I'm going on the hunt for a sending unit today, hope it's findable.

Default Some sources

The sender bolt patern is the same for many "M" trucks. For that reason, there are units out there that are "universal" just adjustable for depth. There are two pieces on the ridgid arm that slide up and down and then you bolt them where you want it. The fuel guage for most "M" series trucks are the same so the resistance in the senders is the same also. If you ask for an M-715 sender you will not get very far. Look for the universal one.

Mine came from Ericks 760-747-8863. Saturn Surplus also has a page full of different units http://www.saturnsurplus.com. I was once told Bill Habaugh 301-241-3980 has or can get them. If those fail, try Sam Winer 330-628-4881 and ask for Robert Zetzer.
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

Otay....just an FYI post here, I struck out on all the above listings (always my luck). Sooo, I called and found one at Memphis EQ. I hated to pay their price but it was available now and brandy-newy. He said they had several so if someone else needs one....there ya go.

Default Sorry.

Sorry about that. I did not record the "MS" number off the one I got two years ago as that may have helped. They do show up on e-bay from time to time but I understand you need it now. I'm the same way, when I want it, I want it!
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

glad you got one from memphis, how much was it anyway??

'Bout 75 bucks shipping and all. And I am glad to report I now have a functional fuel gauge and system.