Thread: My '67 Project

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default My '67 Project

Figured this would be the best place for this, that way I can get the most help, and I can keep most of my questions in one place.

So I have been extremely interested in the M-715 series trucks ever since I saw one at a MV rally,, thought they were "cool looking", course did lots of research on them, and was always searching, but never found any below $1,500, that was not modified in some way-or rusted to nothing

came across a couple for $500, but they were sold within hours of the post, but this last one I managed to snag.

So at the end of June I ran up to the middle of NH and picked up the truck(I'll post pics in another post-apparently I'm computer dumb at the moment)

but I got '67, all original drive train(some civvy stuff, like wires and plugs), no canvas, an extra hood and extra cab. the frame is in beautiful shape, for the area, no rot or flaking, the bed is in excellent shape, some minor pinholes in the cargo boxes, but the underside is pretty clean-this I think was extremely lucky as it sat for at least 10 years, I think registered last in '91(MA)

but finally got it in the garage after getting rid of one of my other parts car, so I started working on it yesterday, basically checked ignition, and looked through the plug holes-could still see cross-hatching, so hopefully I can just fire her up-just got to get two batteries

so I guess I'll post pics in a minute

Quote Originally Posted by e8wing View Post
    Picture is a little large. Not sure which photo program your using. But try an IMG image.
    If you have a windows computer, you can use "Paint". It is part of the package.

Here is a better sized picture:

Last edited by Don Cavey; September 2nd, 2014 at 08:08 PM.

this seems better, using photo bucket now, I'll try to get more pics uploaded tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by 67smith View Post

this seems better, using photo bucket now, I'll try to get more pics uploaded tomorrow
    You got it! Nice truck and good job on the photo resize!

OOOh factory installed heater.
    Do you have the defrost cable?
    Looks like a great start.

Wow, some egg head torched out the pintile hitch.
    Last edited by jeepdan; September 3rd, 2014 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepdan View Post
    OOOh factory installed heater.
    Do you have the defrost cable?
    Looks like a great start.

Wow, some egg head torched out the pintile hitch.
    yes have the defrost cable, here are some more pics as well, was a long week at work, but some batterys and checking out the starter I may be able to fire her up in a couple days

some previous patch work, will have to investigate further into it, as it doesn't actually appear dented or extremely rusty

Rust behind/under Drivers seat

Rust on passenger side

the rust repair is hard work, but I think it is easier to deal with then the engine...because parts are so expensive for the 230, $25 for a 4'x4' sheet of 18gauge is cheep and I can weld and fabricate everything, but anything wrong with the engine, at best I'm looking at the cheapest part of $12 for a head gasket on Ebay, then $28 for a valve cover gasket- not to mention just finding parts.

as for the rear pintle, when I repair that rear bumper and crossmember I am just going to put in a 2 inch receiver, so I can run anything I want

well, pulled the starter apart, didn't seem to match the manual for parts... took a closer look, and after cleaning off the tag, it said 12 v, and also noticed some PO ground the housing a bit so the flywheel wouldn't contact

so that explains why the Bendix was so messed up and the teeth were chewed, so my first purchase for the truck will apparently be a starter...Kind of was hoping I could hear the engine run so I don't throw excess money at it, but a starter shouldn't be too hard to get rid of should it come down to that