Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Radiator Info

I just talked to Jason at the radiator shop & he didn't have a part number for me, but he said this radiator lists for a 1965 to '68 Ford F100.

Quote Originally Posted by Nailhead View Post
    I just talked to Jason at the radiator shop & he didn't have a part number for me, but he said this radiator lists for a 1965 to '68 Ford F100.

Now to await the moment of truth..... How does fitment go.

Cant wait for installed pictures.... would love to have another avenue of useable radiators.
    67' M715/5.9 Cummins/ZF5/NP205

Yep...Mccord is the oem on these...

Yep again...cant wait to see the install...hope it goes smooth!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

I talked to Jason & he didn't have a part number, but the application is a 1965-68 Ford F100.

EDIT: Something didn't refresh right, so I posted twice because I didn't see the first version of this post. Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    Yep...Mccord is the oem on these...

Yep again...cant wait to see the install...hope it goes smooth!
    Thanks, guys!

I have no expectation of "smooth" (experience tells me this is an unreasonable expectation), but Harry & I will be taking it on this weekend. We'll make it work.

I'll post pix, and throw in some bonus shots of the M37 he just finished repowering with an IH straight-six, in the "Other M-Series" forum.

This radiator won't work, and if Tapatalk would allow me to scroll down the thread list far enough to access this one & post a pic, all would be very clear.

The bottom tank is too tall, forcing the radiator to sit too high & interfere with the hood.

If the diagonal braces on the frame were removed or relocated, or the bottom tank modified, it would probably work pretty well, but not as it is right now.

I'm going to price a re-core on the stock rad, at this point.

Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nailhead View Post
    This radiator won't work, and if Tapatalk would allow me to scroll down the thread list far enough to access this one & post a pic, all would be very clear.

The bottom tank is too tall, forcing the radiator to sit too high & interfere with the hood.

If the diagonal braces on the frame were removed or relocated, or the bottom tank modified, it would probably work pretty well, but not as it is right now.

I'm going to price a re-core on the stock rad, at this point.

Oh well.
    Had that problem on mine. Using an aluminum rad supposed to fit a 69(?) Chevelle with 396.
    I cut the diagonal braces off and lowered the rad to about 1/2" above the steering box. I posted on here about it before I cut... from the responses I got it's a common problem fitting other rads and a lot of those braces have been chopped out.

Also helped with clearance when I reproduced the stock radiator's tilt. They tilt back toward the motor at the top.

If i remember correctly another radiator option would be a CJ chevy v8 conversion radiator, added cooling, readily available in either aluminum or brass. Just need to modify the mounting holes a bit...

Ok, this confirmed my foggy memory...
    - Correct cj series conversion radiator
    Correct cj series conversion radiator
    - Drop in replacement Radiator?.....
    Correct cj series conversion radiator
    - Luke
    1968 M715 the Monolith

I bought one like this but it has a problem. The tanks are not the same dimensions as a M715 stock radiator so the radiator sits too high for the hood to close.

When the new radiator is set back to back with the stock radiator the dimensions look very close but where the stock tank clears the cross members the aluminum one I purchased does not clear.

I may just relocate the cross members because my truck will not be totally stock anyway.

After pricing a recore at $425, and factoring in the money already spent on that Ford radiator, we're just going to relocate those diagonal braces low enough to allow adequate hood clearance.