Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modern tie rod ends?

Default Modern tie rod ends?

Does anyone know of a modern replacement for the tie rod ends? I don't really mind NOS, but if something new will fit, why not?
    1968 M-715 w/1100R16s on Stockton wheels, H3 headlights, 2bbl upgrade...

The following is found in many former threads....not originally my info but verified as correct...Moog makes them:

I found them for about $27 at http://www.ussprings.com

p/n's: ES235R ES235L (right and left thread)
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    The following is found in many former threads....not originally my info but verified as correct...Moog makes them:

I found them for about $27 at http://www.ussprings.com

p/n's: ES235R ES235L (right and left thread)
    Jon, I never did find those anywhere I looked online, and finally had to order NOS ones from VPW. Hopefully my search was incomplete because their supply isn't endless, I'm thinking.

I replaced the right passenger side with a tie rod end from a Case tractor 100 hydro. It was a exact replacement. The case number is 384006r1. I ordered it from Yesterdays Tractors. The cost I think was about $30.00. I also found Eaton TE 2010, AC Delco 45a0015 , and perfect Circle 269-2052 as cross references to ES235R. I have also found these on ebay for about $26.00 and $10.00 shipping. I hope this helps as I have gotten a lot of valuable information from the members on the Zone. Scott

Hey Scott, where in CT are you?

I am in Salisbury Rt 41 near the mass line. Scott

Moog discontinued these...boy thats a real killer....
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    Moog discontinued these...boy thats a real killer....
    Just like Autolite discontinued the correct spark plug. Hmmm, we must be getting older, or are the trucks getting older???

Quote Originally Posted by Don Cavey View Post
    Just like Autolite discontinued the correct spark plug. Hmmm, we must be getting older, or are the trucks getting older???
    I can't remember.

Default Thanks!

Thanks everyone! My searches didn't find any posts on 'just' tie rod ends. Lots of posts that had something about tie rods in them, but no part info. Maybe the standard search doesn't search the archives. Lesson learned.

I'll do some shopping based on this thread and see what I can find.

Thanks again! I appreciate everyone's input.
    1968 M-715 w/1100R16s on Stockton wheels, H3 headlights, 2bbl upgrade...