Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: M715 Finland

Yes, mine hade an OD green frame when we stripped it. In the pic you can see where some of the black undercoating had flaked off to show the smooth OD green underneath, not overspray on top of another color. And along the inside of the rear cross member you can see some green.

As for the tailgate numbers 3G 2202, those are the vehicles registration numbers, more commonly called the hood numbers as they were also placed along the hood sides. But what is weird is that is not a registration number for a 1968 truck but rather for a 1967 produced truck. So either that is not the original tailgate, or the truck is miss titled as a 68'
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Thanks for helping This is interesting. Luckily I've taken a lot of pictures ... the picture is olive color under the black paint.
    The tailgate number was also a hood. The car is made of 1/68 and the serial number is 19705 which is found in the front and rear off the frame, and also data plate
    Last edited by M715Fin; September 3rd, 2018 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by M715Fin View Post
    Thanks for helping This is interesting. Luckily I've taken a lot of pictures ... the picture is olive color under the black paint.
    The tailgate number was also a hood. The car is made of 1/68 and the serial number is 19705 which is found in the front and rear off the frame, and also data plate
    Looks like olive green paint under where the body bushing/cushion was sitting, just like on yours Dave.

Fin, continue on with the olive green paint.
    Last edited by jeepdan; September 3rd, 2018 at 10:34 AM.

Interesting, maybe it was a truck that was started in 67' and assigned a registration number but had to be pulled from the line and was not finished until Jan. of 68'. Were does you vin# fall in the registry at the top of this page?
    Dave

Now I dont understand what you mean? (Were does you vin# fall in the registry at the top of this page?)

Now I dont understand what you mean? (Were does you vin# fall in the registry at the top of this page?)
    At the very top of the forum is this link that takes you to the VIN Registry http://www.m715zone.com/vb/view.php?pg=vin_registry Which is a list of all the VIN's that have been sent in to Jon, and are organized by date of delivery. There are several that are out of order from when they were delivered and most here assume that these that are out of order were ones that were built but didn't pass final inspection and were sent back down the line to correct whatever didn't pass putting the date of delivery out of order from others with close VIN's.
    Dave

I wonder if that was green primer and not OD paint? It looks too light to be OD paint. But about right for a green self-etching primer.

The next step. Frame and rims painted. But somehow seems strange ... I wish I had workshop manual

... I wish I had workshop manual
    You realize that there are all of the manuals available online in this site? Very top line, "Online Maintenance Manuals". I put a link below for you.

http://www.m715zone.com/vb/view.php?pg=manuals

The next step. Frame and rims painted. But somehow seems strange ... I wish I had workshop manual
    Yea, something doesn't look quite right.
    I know, I know. It's upside down Maybe because your on the other side of the globe from us.
    Keep the pictures coming.