Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Selectro Hub Install

Hows she ride unlocked now vs before?

Jester Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SVENG52 View Post
    Hows she ride unlocked now vs before?
    Wish I knew. Have the rear axle out for a gear replacement.

Rear axle shot

Nice job, great pics!!

Lets hope you have no issues with the bolts backing up...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Thanks for posting the great pictures.

Mine just came in. Hopefully Ill have my rig back together and these unlocked for a drive very soon

Mine came with selectros already done Luckaly for me. Hopefully there done right and not going to back out. havent driven enough to know yet.

Default newbie has three questions

Hi:
    My rig is in transit to me, I anticipte it by end of February. Vendor has been big help but cant answer these questions.

First two are related to the selctro. I heard of one fella putting some on the rear axle too so he can tow his rig on its own wheels without disconnecting the drive shaft. Does this make sense? What is the lug pattern? I have seen 6x7.25" and want to make sure so I can order new rims.
    The third regards the hard top. Is it possible to remove and re-install it easily? I want to have it off for the summer, but put it back on for winter.
    Thanks for the help.
    Andrew.

Never seen a set of Selectros that will fit the rear axle...I made a couple of flat metal plates to bolt in place of the rear axle to use when flat towing so the rear gears wouldnt turn...remove the rear axle and bolt the plate on.

The bolt pattern is 6 on 7.25...Marsh Racing Wheels, among others, makes wheels in this pattern and they have the lowest price.

Hardtop...well...if it is a factory hardtop, its removeable...if it was installed right. If it is not, there is no telling how it was put on...many are found to be riveted or welded to the soft top frames or even bolted and welded to the truck. In the 16 years I have been playing with these trucks, 4-5 times as many hard tops that I have encountered are the non stock type...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Thanks tons

I just put mine on this week. Pretty easy to do.

I chose (for now) to leave the studs in instead of using bolts. Problem is, with the studs sticking out so far, you can't really get a good grip on the knob to turn it, I guess when they are muddy and wet, it is nearly impossible. So bolts are the way to go.

Does make a noticeable difference driving with the lock-out hubs on now.

Scott