Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spark plug questions

Default Spark plug questions

Last week i removed the plugs to clean them .... I decide to changed them this weekend .... so i read about two model ... Chmapion 603 XML12 or Autolite 2344

But the one already on the truck got some king of metal spacer ... 2 of thems to be exact on each plug ... Does i need to reinstalled those "metal washer" with the new plugs ?? does they come with it ?? Or the new plugs are design not be to used with those washers ??

Thanks ( i hope you know what i mean by those spacers or washers )
    Rockwells / Cummins / 3053A
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

I just called my local auto parts ..... those champion would sell for $22 each .... but they are not available ... and the Autolite would sell for $10 each .. still not available !!!

It's smelling diesel .....................
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

If you use the plugs you listed, they should come with 1 new washer per new plug that you do want to us...not sure whythere are 2 unless someone decided to double them up for a reason I can only guess at.

Those autolite are still avial through many of the mv dealers. But apparently autolite has discontinued them and they may soon be scarce.
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze12volts View Post
    I just called my local auto parts ..... those champion would sell for $22 each .... but they are not available ... and the Autolite would sell for $10 each .. still not available !!!

It's smelling diesel .....................
    I just got replacement plugs (Autolite 2344) from http://www.rockauto.com.They were about $7 a piece. The shipping puts the price up (I got some other stuff, so it wasn't bad for me), but at least they are available through them. You have to go to the catalog and at the top of the page there is a part number search, just type 2344.
    Last edited by Pineyguy; October 10th, 2008 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Add search

Good Info Pineyguy

Quote Originally Posted by hiker View Post
    Good Info Pineyguy
    Thanks, I use them alot for parts, many times even with shipping I find they are cheaper than the local stores (Advance, Napa), especially if you're getting a few things at once.

I was to ordered those 2234 plugs http://www.eriksmilitarysurplus.com/spplsetform7.html .... and realised when i found a picture of them that they are not what i have .... my distributor have been change to a civilian one ... with a clip over the plug wire boot ... So i will be able to get $3 plug at my auto parts. Maybe lucky in my badluck
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

If you are running a civilian ignition and so have standard plugs and wires, you need an Autolite 275 or equivalent.

it's very weird ... because their is a big military connector on the distributor ... look like a military one but with a cilivian cap .... it's why i didn't realised the first time. But since the wire are not screwed type ... and just a push in i really have a civilian one .... I have a plug shorted so the engine running on 5 cylinders .. it's really the plug that is deffective ... so will changed them next week !!

Thanks for the info !!!
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer