Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: M715 Finland

Yea, something doesn't look quite right.
    That's the finnish version of a spring-over conversion.

I had to look twice to figure out what was wrong with that picture.

Oh no... Someone had unplugged the carburettor and reinstalled it wrong ... Then tried probably to try to adjust ...
    Then a couple of questions. What color is the Steering Gear Box originally? It seems I will have a lot of goods to be ordered for this car ... If some of the readers who is willing to help me that, I would be grateful.

Steering box was painted black, and the pitman arm was unfinished grey steel.
    Mine looked to be that way, and the NOS parts that I had bought were the same.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepdan View Post
    Steering box was painted black, and the pitman arm was unfinished grey steel.
    Mine looked to be that way, and the NOS parts that I had bought were the same.
    As Dan has said. Also, the master cylinder was painted black as well. Note, new master cylinders have the outlet port in a slightly different position, rotated 90°. So you may have to make a new brake line if you replace it. Just a minor situation.

First parts are reinstalled
    Now we have to start ordering spare parts ...
    -Plug, Water Jacket (6 Needed)
    -Oil Line, Flexible, Cylinder Head to Tee
    -Gasket, Rocker Cover
    -Intake Manifold Gasket
    -Rear axle shaft seals
    -Transmission ans transfer case seals
    -Carburetor
    Is there any good idea where to order? (It's quite expensive to order from many places to Finland) :/

Don't replace the oil hose from the block to the head with another rubber hose.
    Make up a hard line.

Thank you jeepdan (You've done a really great job), I will do as you instructed.
    The following photos interval 17.6-22.9.2018
    Nice to see when something has changed

Last edited by M715Fin; September 23rd, 2018 at 04:28 AM.

Looking good.

Looks like your rubber tie rod end covers are missing.
    I bought NOS rubbers as shown in this photo from

http://originalmilitaryjeepparts.com...eep_Enthusiast
    Scroll down page to --Group 14 steering parts.

Last edited by jeepdan; September 23rd, 2018 at 09:14 PM.

Thanks again for the tip jeepdan
    I tried to find the rear axle shaft and the pinion seals (numbers). I found the numbers in transfercase output seals and ordered it, THANKS this site!!! . It's not easy to order parts when sellers required the Export License (UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE BUREAU OF INDUSTY AND SECURITY) I got this export license when I brought my car to Finland. Now I apparently hawe to ask permission to for all spare parts, as they are on "military vehicle" spare parts. Fortunately, I found a new gas / vacuum pump from Greece This will be a long road ...