Thread: Correct Bridge Plate Color?

Default Correct Bridge Plate Color?

For the purists of us out there restoring, does anyone know the correct exact color/hue/tint YELLOW for the bridge plate?

I ask because I have to repaint mine.

I guess a correct MIL SPEC number would be enough to start for a search on the interwebs to find a can of the correct paint.

Thanks,
    Dave-
    Even Chuck Norris drove a 715.

Quote Originally Posted by David Zelinski View Post
    For the purists of us out there restoring, does anyone know the correct exact color/hue/tint YELLOW for the bridge plate?

I ask because I have to repaint mine.

I guess a correct MIL SPEC number would be enough to start for a search on the interwebs to find a can of the correct paint.

Thanks,
    Dave-
    Dave, if I can go OT for one second, I have the subdued one on my truck. I bought it NOS. I am torn between painting my truck in the colors of my Germany truck vs my Utah truck. So, whilst I won't paint my existing bridge plate yellow, I have toyed with the idea of getting a used bridge plate in the yellow and repainting it. But those on the auction site are a little optimistically priced if you get my understanding.

So, I too will be interested also in the responses that you get.

The proper color is yellow chromate which is the official name for good old school bus yellow. You can usually find it at auto places like Napa. I used Dupli-color DA1663 School Bus Yellow on all the plates I restore.

I don't list them on my decal site, http://www.deltateamdecals.com/ but I do make replacement number sets for bridgeweights for $10 for a complete set including the red "C".
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Nice...
    Ordering a set today.

and a replacement set of The USMC numbers.
    ( I scratched an 8 on the rear bumper...)

My fault ... and not the decals.

Great Products Dave.
    hostis est intra portas tuas

Awesome information Beast!!!!!

Now armed with this knowledge, I guess I have a little restoration side project now LOL!!!

Dave-
    Even Chuck Norris drove a 715.

I've bought it before but they kept the name and number and tweaked the color!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jonnie

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnie View Post
    I've bought it before but they kept the name and number and tweaked the color!

That looks more pee green than school bus yellow.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Another shot. Yellow but more soft and pastel
    Jonnie

I used school bus yellow and it’s close as your are gonna get without being exact. I say that because it didn’t match my original numbers. Looks fine though and if you are painting it all then it will be great!