Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trucklite 24v LED headlights

Default Trucklite 24v LED headlights

Has anyone ever put the trucklite part number 07371 into an m715?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have seen currently in service mil trucks with these lights in them...I figure they are factory this way...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Are the light bulb setups the same? As in are the connections and the mounting the same?

Dont know on that but I do know that the new trucks that Oshkosh truck builds have them in them.

I also helped my boss just today mount a different LED headlight in the semi truck...these kind:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/97009_8101.htm

They are DOT legal...I think they make it in a round as well...very while and plenty of light...works from 9 to 33 volts...also made by trucklite according to the boxes they came in...dont know if that helps or not...these have the standard 3 wire connector many civvy trucks have.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Watch out for cheap used ones. The surplus Gen 1 Trucklites (5-7 years ago) were pretty mediocre output. Newer ones are better.

How would I tell the difference in old vs new generation?

Am I missing something? From that review it sounds like the originals are still pretty good. I hope so because I'm looking to buy some originals this weekend.

The Verdict
    I have to admit that the first time I saw the original Truck-Lite LED Headlights, I thought they were way cool and had a futuristic look to them and aesthetically, I still prefer them over the new Complex Reflector Optics Design LED Headlight design. To me, the new headlights look a little plain jane and with the lights off, I feel like they have a smoked tint look to them that I’m not really fond of. But, I cannot deny that the actual performance of the new Complex Reflector Optics Design LED Headlight design do seem to be better. Yes, it does have distinct and noticable hot spots and I do wish it had more of a column of light down the middle like the original design has but, aside from that, the brighter, whiter and wider beam is impressive. Having said all that, if I had to choose between the two designs, I might still go with the original design as I think they look way cool and really, the only way you could see the difference between them and the newer design is to do a nit-picky side by side test like I just did.
    That last sentence seems to imply the new ones are not that much better.

I should have pointed out that I've never had either, just read about them obsessively.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...adlights/page3

You're going to replace a phase 6 with a phase 7 on the bike, right? The phase 6 lights would be good on an offroad bike that was seeing abuse and had supplemental lights ---- but they're horrible as stand-alone headlights.
    I'd run the phase 7 by itself on a bike.
    If I still had my Concours I'd be trying to fit the 5X7 into it...

Poison Spyder is selling the Trucklites with a pair of Rigid Dualy lights as a package deal. Full retail on the Trucklites but the Rigids come free. Works out to a decent price if you need a set of Dualies...
    http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/p...allys-1343535/
    I replaced the phase 6 with the new Truck-Lite Phase 7 on the Harley. Hugh difference in light output, spread and high beams with the new version. There is a "Y" artifact on low beam with the single instead of a dual set up. The previous version gave a pretty good spread but the low total output and poor high beam performance made the light very suboptimal. The bike has three lights, which are switched to the low beam and the two side driving lights which are 4.5" have 6 Diode LEDs in place so lows were tolerable before (with the supplemental LEDs) but with the single Truck-Lite 7" on high beam and the two side LEDs dark it was miserable. It is quite acceptable now. Harley Davidson offers an optional LED 7" LED upgrade and it is the JW Speaker light. It was a much better way to go than the previous generation Phase 6 Truck-Lite. Now, with the new Phase 7 in place of the previous, I am happy with the light output again. The artifact does not bother me, I can ignore it.

I ended up getting the used Truck Lite model 27250C lights. I believe they are the original military LED's. One of the lights had the wire numbers 17, 18, and 91 on it. The other looks new and had a H4 connector on it already.

I haven't gotten to use them on the road at night yet but they are definitely better than incandescent from what I can tell in my garage.