Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: M715 rebuild

Blog Entries

Bumper and winch are on!!! Modified BJs bumper.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Thanks to Al (kaiserjeeps) for providing the hardware and template to be able to install the civi footwell air vents. I used aircraft pull cables that worked very well. You can see the left and right vent pulls in the last picture on the lower left of the dash.

REMEMBER TO USE FIREFOX TO VIEW PICTURES UNTIL WEBSITE IS FIXED.

Last edited by teking; June 24th, 2021 at 11:01 AM.

Blog Entries

What do you get when you cross the stock m715 steering wheel hub with a modern steering wheel and a original 1967 gladiator horn button.

FRANKEN WHEEL

Last edited by teking; July 1st, 2021 at 08:15 PM.

Blog Entries

Interior is in. Pretty pleased with the way it turned out. I think I am getting close to accomplishing my goal of a daily driver.

Last edited by teking; July 3rd, 2021 at 09:01 PM.

Blog Entries

Gave my old canvas top to a convertible top guy to reproduce. Result came out OK.

Blog Entries

Default Ride Height

So I didn't like the spring over. Too old to be climbing into that. So back to stock spring under front config. Finally about done. Minor nits and some tuning to do. Got an AC leak to fix. Hopefully done soon!

Truck looks great. I’m partial to the SUA myself as we have the same set-up in out trucks. Curious to see what they did on the passenger side front to make the SUA work. U-bolts, spring perch, etc. mine wouldn’t have fit in my garage with SOA configuration so I really didn’t have a choice but definitely like the lower stance.

Blog Entries

I'll get some when I go back up to Daytona.

Blog Entries

Here are some pics of the passenger side spring under for the Chevy D60. Bolts are not trimmed yet.

In the last pic you can see where they used a square U bolt to go over the old mount. Unfortunately I see in the pic a little daylight between the U bolt and the mount. Will need to fix that. But basically it 1 u-bolt, 1 Square u-bolt, a ground out bottom mounting bracket and a bottom plate.

The trick was knowing where to grind on the pumpkin case. You can see it was notched for the bottom bracket to fit.

Blog Entries

BTW meant to add these. This is the FSJ brace we added to prevent the hood from cracking at hi-way speeds. I the second pic you can see the extra locking peg we added on the drivers side.