Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New top recomendations

Default New top recomendations

After about 14 yrs I need to replace my canvas top. I've called just about everywhere I can think of, (I think my last came from White Owl). I've ended up narrowing it down to Surplus City Jeep, or Beechwood. Beechwood says they use vinyl and they’ve got the best price. I ‘m wondering if anyone has experience with this material? New Life Canvas had an answering machine that was full and could not leave a message. I’d really like to get a hard top, but have not been able to find anything local or reasonable to ship. Any recommendations or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks: Dave

Boy New life is drilling their own boat ...still. I bought all new canvas everything from them and the quality is awesome. I had to wait big time nearly ten years ago and now it's a longer wait and they are even hard to get a hold of. I hope they make it running like that.

Vinyl will be hotter in the sun. I think the guys will pipe in. Canvak from Cabelas is what everybody usually uses to seal it up after a couple years use. Canvas that is. Good luck.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Dave, I'm looking as well, what are you finding for prices out there???
    thanks, steve

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

VPW did me right and had the top on the shelf shipped same day. I got it in less than a week. It was right around $300 early last year.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Gatnom, What's Beechwood's address as I've a similar need??

Just bought one off Ebay from Surplus city. Shipped it within a week and installed it last night. Top appears identical to the one I took off in every aspect I was able to compare them. Packaging indicated that it was manufactured in January. Tried New Life and was unable to get a response either voice or email.

Surplus has another one up on ebay ready to go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Milit...ehicleQ5fParts

VPW in stock @ $450. Beechwood (732-929-3168) https://www.beachwoodcanvas.com (made of a vinyl material instead od canvas)......$225 but have to make it (2 to 6 weeks). WeeBee Webbing $320 have to make it also. Surplus City Jeep $265 can make it in a couple days. Surplus city looks like the window is a dingy yellow. Not sure what your getting. New life claims a better windo material, but you can't talk to anyone!!!! Dave

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Wow! VPW went up a lot in a year!

The vinyl tops in my opinion just don't look right on an M715. The rear window may discolor after a while in about any top if you let it sit in the sun constantly. I keep my M715 covered when its outdoors and the top and back window still look great.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

A few years ago I bought a top , seat covers, and strap kit from Palfarazzo (sp?). The quality and fitment were excellent. The stuff is now 4-5 years old and is still in excellent condition. I am not sure if the company is still out there or not. I found their ad in an old copy of the MVPA magazine...
    '67 M715 '42 GPW '45 MB

I have used Novus products on plasric windows. It does a great job keeping it in good condition. I have also sprayed on 303 protectant and buffed it out.
    It has UV repellant SPF45 for your junk. I use it on Kayaks, vinyl tops, etc.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21