Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: foodstamp's incredible, never-ending multi-topic thread

ya ha, theirs soo many routs to go, but i dont know, i still think that JD motor would be cool, just becouse no ones done it, but i dont know it sounds like the 6.2 is more practical.

i think i found a motor that a farmer has, i might check it out this next weekend if im not with nikki that day. but its in a 80's chevy. and i think im going to offer the guy $200 if it runs, and maby a little more if its up to a manual tranny

I have a 4bd1t isuzu w/5 speed thats going in my contact truck. I have a 292 in there now ,the loaded weight of a tool truck is heavy.If I gotta go slow,I at least want some mileage.

motor after motor......my friend looked at the 6.2 for me, and he said its nice.....but then i got word from my dad that he had found a old detroit motor, this one is supercharged, and after watching some videos, i think that this would be cooler then the 6.2, for $300.

What model Detroit? You should find out, because parts are very hard to find and very expensive. At least thats what I've found while working on the Detroit in a tractor that I have. Also, every model Detroit I've seen come factory at least supercharged. The bigger ones are turbo and supercharged.
    68 M-715
    67 M-725

They require the supercharger to run, not to add any H.P. gains.

Correct, I shoulda remembered since those are 2 stroke, they have to have a pressurized intake due to the fact they don't have intake "valves" like 4 stroke gas/diesel engines.
    68 M-715
    67 M-725

Also, if a seal starts leaking inside the supercharger, the engine will burn the leaked oil as fuel and run away from you until it runs out of oil.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Most detroits have an emergency stop for runaway. When you pull the e-stop flaps go down on the blower intake to smother the motor out. If you pull the e-stop you have to take the air intake off and reset the flaps.
    67-m715
    71-m35a2

Get the 6.2 diesel and install and be happy!
    Zone holster maker

Okay - I gotta say something. I completely agree with "run what cha brung" idea, that Chevy 6 runs and will move you down the driveway until you decide you need brakes. Then there's the oh sh*t I need brakes & door handles (to jump because of the brakes) testimony on doing some of the necessaries like brakes, steering, bearings (keep a little money for the wacky stuff).

You want to go diesel (clear), me too. Run the chevy I6, get the 6.2 ready next - Bolts to Chevy adapter to anything. Then after sorting the new combo out it's time to put in the mutant engine in it while you're driving the other jeep/truck/mv you got - so you could modify the 715 again.

I know mutants - owning three AMXs (the AMC mutant musclecar of the "60s & runs the same engines 290,390,401 (bored .030).

Different is way fun.

Get it going & stopping then . . .

David
    1968 M416
    1968 AMX
    1969 AMX
    1969 AMX (yes two)
    1985 Wagoneer FSJ
    1986 J10 (Civy version of M715)
    1998 Jeep TJ
    1945 DUKW