Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: foodstamp's incredible, never-ending multi-topic thread

i beleive barrman has a 6BT in his 715

I have a 396 Big Block Chevy Gas engine. Oilcan has a 6.2 or 6.5. So does Spicer and about 10 others. It is basically the same as a small or big block gas engine swap.

Several have put the 4BT Cummins in the M715.

I have read and "heard" about several 6BT swaps, but have yet to see any pictures or examples in person. Every post about them comes back to length. The 6BT is just about as long as the engine bay. Add a fan and radiator, and you are out of room. That can be gotten around by cutting the firewall or moving the radiator forward. I would suggest the firewall method. A body lift could also help.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Kinda what I thought--6.2 and 6.5 have the same motor mount locations and bellhousing pattern do they not??? I've already got my SBC in place but have thought of keeping an eye out for a 6.5. Course I hate to admit it but that Dodge motor is one running SOB...never actually seen one in these trucks however.

Here is a link of a bobbed 67 M715 with unimog axles and a 6BT. It's from an old issue of Diesel Power Mag. My buddy just told me about a project ford ranger they are running with a 6BT. He said you can only see 4 cyl's when you open the hood. The other 2 cyl's are located in the cab. He also said they are trying for a launch pressure of 80PSI! I am going to put a 6BT in my 715. They are just expensive motors to purchase.

http://www.dieselpowermag.com/featur...sel/index.html

Holy Bat Shetman- As nice as that rig is I think I might stick with a 6.5.

Quote Originally Posted by gun512 View Post
    Here is a link of a bobbed 67 M715 with unimog axles and a 6BT.
    I forget his name, but he was here for a little bit, something about being stationed in Europe and coming state side sometime soon- gonz
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

I am planning a 6bt swap that will start soon. I will take many photos to keep readers informed. I'm sure that there will be a few mods to get the monster in. I'm sure it will be worth everyone.

I see he had to put the radiator in the back of the truck....Automatic too...interesting.
    Zone holster maker

a picture might help out....i checked out the block and it only had a vin, and i didnt have a way to write it done, but its a big motor, not too tall, but you know its about the same size as the 6cyl thats in the jeep already.

i was talking to my dad about the nv4500, and he was saying that one truck that we had to fix had that tranny in it, and when he too get it rebuilt. so we took it to the tranny shop and the guy was saying that he gets them in all the time for bad sencrows (sp).... but what do you guys think, as long as you maintainance it, it should last right?.....but i think this next week im going to start digging into it

im thinking that ill check out the motor and try and get a housing made for it, and start from their.

accually this is my first project, i have the motor, and a in mind tranny, were should i start from their, i need to make shure that they will mate up, but besides that what should i do........

body work, lift, electrical.....what would you sudgest?

i beleive the 93-94 models had the syncro issues and 5th gear nut backing off. Here is a good resource for nv4500 info.

http://www.high-impact.net/transmiss...ear/nv4500.htm