Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Project Rhino 5/4

Default Rhino 5/4 10-18-21

Got the shaft out and installed new joints. TY for your help. A few updates. Vintage Air heater installed and works great. Can rack installed, added a cooler for the Tcase, added back up lights, Cover for fold down mattress. added top bunk extension, changed all padding on racks and seats to plywood and installed stove table storage bolts.

[
    Project Rhino 5/4

[
    Project Rhino 5/4

Forgot : and installed a new gas pedal.

Project Rhino 5/4

Default Rhino 5/4 10-25-21

Great day shopping. Found a donor truck after all. Now for the time to get it all apart and back together on the RV. Picked up the 70HD also last week.

Project Rhino 5/4

Looking good.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Default Rhino 5/4 11/1

Shake down trip going well. Put about 1500 mi so far although I'll be glad when I can swap everything over to the CUCV drive train

Project Rhino 5/4

Default Rhino 5/4 11/11

Great trip, 2700 miles on the ol girl. Now for time to do the upgrades.

Project Rhino 5/4

Default Project Rhino 5/4 11/23/21

Acquired a little piece of military history on Saturday. When I was a kid there was a park that had a 14" shell from BB-35. The park items were put up for auction and I bought it. Thinking of a making a bar type table out of it after I restore it best I can. after 60 years of kids beating on it, it is a little rough.

Project Rhino 5/4

Not being a Texan, I had to google up the BB-35. Cool piece of history. I keep imagining Bugs Bunny hitting the tip with a hammer!
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

Default Rhino 5/4 12-3

Back to the task at hand after trip to South Dakota and Hot Springs Ark.
    Pulled the rear diff and placed the new Dana 70HD under her and waiting on parts. Ordered a drive shaft relocation kit. Decided to see if I can pull the short shaft out and move the tranny back enough to replace the throw out bearing so I can still go camping between phases of upgrades.

Project Rhino 5/4