Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help: Mechanical fuel pump

Blog Entries

Default My bad ....

NEVERMIND ...... ITS ALIVE!!!! Tolerances must be pretty tight .. Found and old gasket on the water pump that I could tell was there. Two gaskets don't allow for pump arm contact. One gasket = starts right up!!!!

Default '34p

On page 49 of the '34P manual it is part #5, "fuel pump eccentric". That drives the fuel pump lever up and down. I have a new one in my collection of parts.
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

Quote Originally Posted by teking View Post
    NEVERMIND ...... ITS ALIVE!!!! Tolerances must be pretty tight .. Found and old gasket on the water pump that I could tell was there. Two gaskets don't allow for pump arm contact. One gasket = starts right up!!!!

Amazing...thats a new one on me! Thanks for posting it...would have not even thought of it.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rboltz View Post
    On page 49 of the '34P manual it is part #5, "fuel pump eccentric". That drives the fuel pump lever up and down. I have a new one in my collection of parts.
    I figured out why I couldn't find it ..... 34P in the links at the top of the page are missing pages between 37 and 54!!!!

I will look into this right now...thanks for letting me know!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

The 34P manual, which is the parts manual...all the pages are there as far as I see.
    I do see that in the index listing, it has the page numbers go from page 10 to page 38 in the table of contents listing...which is probably what the actual pages in the book are listed as because the book has the beginning of a chapter, in this case the first chapter is engine, so the book has all the images one after the other on unnumbered pages, then the tables that show all the parts listed with the page numbers shown in the table.
    When I made the tables pages themselves, I numbered them all starting at 11 and going up as I needed to do something to keep track of them for my own accounting and the last page number of the previous section was 10...maybe its confusing but all the pages are there.

The image he is referring to is image 16 in the engine section, Timing Chain and Gears, and is #5 as he said...heres the image:

Would you be willing to sell the military fuel pump it's the only thing I'm missing.?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corypheaus View Post
    Would you be willing to sell the military fuel pump it's the only thing I'm missing.?
    Unfortunately no ..... i am sending it out to be rebuilt. Sorry!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Default Followup

Solved my fuel delivery problem. Did it the pizz poor expensive way because I got tired of d--kn' around with it. Installed a new SS tank, blew out the SS lines, installed a rebuilt fuel pump, installed a rebuilt carb and new fuel filter.

Cranks right up and runs awesome. Never did find out what the problem was. I suspect it was many ... in many different locations. Guess I know now what my time is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by teking View Post
    Solved my fuel delivery problem. Did it the pizz poor expensive way because I got tired of d--kn' around with it. Installed a new SS tank, blew out the SS lines, installed a rebuilt fuel pump, installed a rebuilt carb and new fuel filter.

Cranks right up and runs awesome. Never did find out what the problem was. I suspect it was many ... in many different locations. Guess I know now what my time is worth.
    Except for the new fuel pump, that is what I did from the get-go. It is usually a never ending battle once rust has taken over.

Good on ya!